samsung LE32R88BD no tv signal

Mighty Chipster

Hi All,

I've never used this tv with other than Sky/Virgin but have donated the tv to my son to watch in his bedroom.

Bought a "one for all" amplified indoor aerial SV9360 and plugged it in, set the TV to automatically search and no signal found either on analogue or digital.

What am I doing wrong? When I set up a scan it states "check antenna input". BTW - plugged this aerial into my UE32D5500 and it works fine.

I've also RESET the TV but his has made no difference.

Help is very much appreciated.

Try reset to shipping condition
Disconnect from electricty supply by removing wall plug, leave an hour
Then reconnect to mains and do a complete scan with no aerial attached, digital and analogue
Result will be no channels found
Connect aerial and rescan
Any joy?

A1944

The results from indoor aerials are notoriously unpredictable unless you have a very good signal. Sometimes they might work in one part of a property, but not in another (perhaps even a few inches away).

Mighty Chipster

Reset telly, plug in and then out etc still no joy.

Interesting that the TV stated "check antenna input" - like it didn't even detect the aerial full stop.

mike7

Distinguished Member
If an indoor aerial is to work at all you need to be living quite near the transmitter. The aerial needs to pointing directly at it, probably with only a window in between, not through several walls to the other side of the house. Even then there is a certain amount of luck if you want to get all channel groups. All the hype on the boxes about the quality of the aerial is generally meaningless. Any postings from people who say "l've got such and such aerial and it gives a great picture". Yes it does, but in their house and cicumstances. You might have to look at an alternative. A loft aerial might improve things.

Last edited:

winston2010

Hi All,

I've never used this tv with other than Sky/Virgin but have donated the tv to my son to watch in his bedroom.

Bought a "one for all" amplified indoor aerial SV9360 and plugged it in, set the TV to automatically search and no signal found either on analogue or digital.

What am I doing wrong? When I set up a scan it states "check antenna input". BTW - plugged this aerial into my UE32D5500 and it works fine.

I've also RESET the TV but his has made no difference.

Help is very much appreciated.

As others have mentioned indoor aerials are very hit and miss. It's a pity you did not get a decent one however. Amplified indoor aerials are a waste of time, money, and electricity. Amplifiers are designed to overcome the loss on a long run of cable, on an indoor aerial they just amplify the local noise.
Take that one back to John Lewis. It is not as described anyway as it is described as a digital aerial of which there is no such thing, so you have a perfect case under the Sale of Goods act.

One of the best indoor aerials is the Telecam TCE 2000 and it's a lot cheaper too. Still not guaranteed to work everywhere though.

TELECAM TCE2000 High performance UHF indoor TV aerial: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Mighty Chipster

thanks winston, I'll check this aerial out.

I'd see if it is possible to locate an outside aerial near to the bedroom perhaps on the wall outside if transmitter location allows. Others have said indoor aerials are at best a poor substitute and often fail to provide the necessary signal strength. An outdoor aerial doesn't need to be expensive especially if you can fit it yourself

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom