Samsung LE32R87BDX

labmonkey

Standard Member
I've made my decision. Was going to go for the LE32R74BDX but decided for the extra I might as well get the LE32R87BDX!
Has anyone got this TV? What's it like on PS3, Freeview, DVD playback and Blu Ray Playback?
Thanks for any help

grahamjenks

Novice Member
I got one earlier in the week.

Its definetely an improvement over the old version.

Much more flexible menu options,blacklight level,colour,media center pc options and so on.

Sadly my model has the CMO panel - see the panel lottery thread for more details.

On Xbox 360 its excellent - and freeview via the built in tuner and via my inverto PVR is pretty good once the menu settings are tweaked.

RoseGold

I got my LE32R74BDX yesterday, was going to send back to get the LE32R87BDX, but i got the AUO panel so i'm kepping it now :)

dchris2

Standard Member
I am interested on purchasing this TV also. I read on a US website (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=10268706&&#post10268706) that the equivalent US model to R87 (53H) can do 1:1 pixel mapping over dvi->hdmi (1360 x 768 ).

Anybody heard anything about the 32'' M86-100Hz set(http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/television/tftlcd/le32m86bdxxeu.asp)? It is advertised on samsung's website next to the other new models.

Maybe we can keep this thread going on this model since the thread about the new samsung models is taken over by the M86/87 37'' or above model 'cause their started shipping those I think.

edit: grahamjenks did u get a chance to try to connect ur set to ur pc via dvi->hdmi? If yes what do you think of the results?

valmiki

Standard Member
Hi

just received from Amazon today an LE32R87BDX, £599.

checked the back, it's an S panel (if that's any use to anyone)

regards

D

davidGouge

What's the difference between the R87 and R88?

And on the whole panel issue, saw the R88 in Currys today and it def had a non - S panel (can't remember the name). On the other hand, it still looked frickin' great. :D

D

davidGouge

Just had a look on the samsung site and it seems the only difference is the looks. R87 has a power button bottom middle whereas the 88 has no button but a blue light.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom