Samsung LE32R87BDX Problem

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by mattw89, Sep 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. mattw89

mattw89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Recently bought a Samsung LE32R87BDX TV from PRCDirect online and after about 3 weeks of issues with delivery it finally came yesterday.

I'm yet to tweak all the settings and add my sound system or anything as my first priority was ensuring sky and my playstation 2 worked before doing anymore.

Although I have issues with both. My sky is connected through the TV aerial part of the TV, the picture is shown on channel 0 and is of fine quality. But I can barely here any sound from the TV due to an annoying fuzzy noise being played over the top of it. When i switch channels or play a DVD or ps2, the noise has gone.

Secondly, my Playstation 2 works fine in regards to sound and playing, but the picture is in black and white and of poor quality. That is connected through the red white and yellow wires.

Both my Sky and PS2 have been connected to my other TV for the past 6 months perfectly so I'm presuming I'm an idiot and doing something trivial incorrectly, or, the tv is faulty.

Any suggestions greatly achieved as I'm moving in less than 3 weeks and I don't want to have the issue of getting it delivered and then redelivered. Although I am pretty sure its my stupidity and lack of tech skills that is lessing me down!

Thanks,
    Matt

2. Pontiac

Pontiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    For the PS2, that is the standard AV lead you are using which doesn't work well with LCDs. You want a component cable or a RGB scart cable. They can both be picked up on the high street from GAME for £7.99 and £14.99 respectively. Component should show the better picture.

3. mattw89

mattw89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. mattw89

mattw89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    P.S I have now bought the component cable so I'm hoping that will make a poor, black and white quality PS2 screen turn into normal!

---------------

My next issue is my sky digital, the picture is fantastic and expected but as i say as soon as i put volume on, fuzzy noise so i cant hear the actual programme

5. Pontiac

Pontiac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Should do mate, I had a crud pic with my PS2 via standard leads also! not black and white tho, but crud. I saw that cable but I couldnt be arsed to wait for it so went to GAME today and picked it up!

6. mattw89

mattw89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone have any idea about the Sky problem?