• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE32R87BDX good deal?

F

Friendly08

Hi

I have a few questions and I'm no expert - new member so excuse me if I say something that maybe incorrect.

I'm thinking of getting a HDTV soon and thought this one looked good for the price. Any thoughts.
http://www.ebuyer.com/product/128474

I want to stay under £500 as the tv will be primarily for ps3 games/blu-ray and sd programmes as I won't have hd channels anytime soon.

Will the size be similar to a standard 28" tv that is not widescreen?

I can't get a 1080p tv as most of them are bigger than 32" and don't have space for it as the HDTV will be in the bedroom.

Will 1080p tv's come in smaller sizes in the future or will they stay above 32" because you wouldn't be able to experience 1080p on a smaller tv?

Will 1080p tv's come down in price this year similar to the way 720p tv's did?

Back to the Samsung LE32R87BDX does anyone on the forums have this tv, if so could you please tell me your opinion of it.

Does it have a good viewing angle?

Do you have any other recommendations that you feel maybe a better choice than the tv listed above for under £500, or do you think that this hdtv itself is still a good choice and that I can't go wrong with it.

Oh and what do I read about the LE32R8 LCD tv using non-samsung lcd's. Any truth in to that.

Thanks for all your comments

Yemeth

Distinguished Member
The Samsung R87 is a good choice for a man on a budget, like me :D

About the panel issue, it depends on what size you get it in. For 32", you will either get a CMO panel (foreign), or an SPVA panel (Samsung). The lotter now isnt as big as it was ages ago, and both panels are pretty similar anyways, so you neednt worry about it.

As for sizes on 1080p tvs, Sharp do an apparantly very good 32" 1080p tv, which hit UK shores recently. Theres a big thread on it in AVForums if you search. It might interest you.

Overall, im very pleased with my 37R88, so there should be no reason why you shouldnt be as well, if you decide to go for it. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom