Samsung LE32R7BD connected to laptop

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by 1nternet, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. 1nternet

1nternet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi there

I am trying, without success, to find a cable to allow me to display my laptop's (Dell Inspiron 6400) screen on my Samsung LE32R7BD. But I'm going round and round in circles. I need to playback some vidoes and pictures for a family gathering tomorrow and would rather do so on my new tele rather than on my small (15.4") laptop screen as there will be old folk there who wont be able to see properly!!!

I think this will do the trick, but want to make sure before i waste my money. My Laptop has an s-video and two audio ports on the back, and i think they are the same on the samsung LCD.

Can anyone confirm if this is the right cable to for my equipment?:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Pure...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177326662&sr=1-16

Thanks for your help people!!

2. JTM17

JTM17

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    You don't need a s-video cable i just bought a monitor cable from PC world for £10.00

I just run my dell laptop through this tv using a simple monitor cable. Its dead easy.
    Plug the cable in. Select PC on your tv. Right click on your desktop and select graphic options. Just select the dual output and you can view the screen on both your laptop and your TV.
    It is really good for showing photos - especially to the parents who are a bit short sighted!!
    Hope it helps
    Any probs just ask

Jim

3. 1nternet

1nternet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Well, I now have my laptop connected correctly so i now have a beautiful screen in front of me, but still no sound!

So, supplied with my laptop was a "S video TV out connector/ adapter". This plugs into the laptop, which then leaves me with the following 3 connections:
    1 S/PDIF digital audio connector
    2 composite video-output connector
    3 S-video connector

but the instructions give me no explanation as to what i need to purchase to make these connections give me a picture and audio on an lcd tele!!

I have family here tonight and i was hoping to show them some photos n videos from the laptop but at the moment all i have is the picture showing on the lcd.

if anyone can help me by telling me what connector i need i'll head straight to pc world and grab the cable before they arrive!!

anyone wanna help out a dunce?!?!

4. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    To get sound out of my laptop I would use a 3.5mm jack is it? Whatever is on the end of headphones...and on the other end of that cable red and white connectors straight into the TV.

5. rondha

rondha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
  6. 1nternet

1nternet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    oh, i'll pop up currys if you think itll work...where does it plug in on the tele???!?! theres so many sockets the same size/ shape/ colour....

7. Dom36

Dom36

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    After having a quick look at min its either on the left side in the red and white AV in or on the back. Make sure it goes into an INPUT though :smashin:

8. masterwai

masterwai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0