Samsung LE32R74BDX - Suitable for SD TV & HD Gaming?

S

Sneaky Bit

Hi all,

Have read a fair few threads in a fair few places about this TV, it seems to gain positive reviews and most people recommend it - however, I'm worried by people saying that SD is poor, and that LCDs are best used for gaming - whilst Plasma screens are better for general TV/DVD watching.

I'm after an all purpose TV, that will provide good quality images on SD, as well as look pretty when I fire up the Xbox360 and want something prettier - is this tv the one to go for, and if not - is there one in a similar price range that is?

jamo9000

Novice Member
I have one and its great - i prefer and chose the style of the r73bdx as its the dark blue finish at the bottom instead of silver - thats the only cosmetic difference.

I bought it for £565 a few weeks back and am very pleased with it

The pc connection via vga is fantastic as it used 1x1 pixel mapping and i can output it at the lcd's 1366x768 native res. HD clips look amazing.

Xbox 360 via component is awesome

Built in freeview - after tweaking the picture settings now looks very good.

All in all this tv was the one for me as the style is great too - best looking lcd ive ever seen, i chose it ahead of the tosh model due to pc connection advantage and overall style and look of the set added with tha dark glass chrome stand which i found for 65 pound :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom