Samsung LE32R74BDX on laptop display problems!??

kingbal

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Rights Guys.....
Ive got a Sony Vaio FS315-M. Got a NVidia GeForce 6400 inside with vga out. I'm trying to connect it with a vga monitor cable to my r74bdx but i cant get it working!

-The laptop picks up the tv and it can be seen in device manager.
-I set the laptop to extend windows onto the the second monitor, and it accepts these settings.
-When this is done, the mouse can be moved off the laptop screen as if it has been extended, but the tv doesnt show it.

The tv doesn't seem to be picking up the signal from the laptop, in the list of sources, PC is greyed out. So i cant see it! Anybody got any ideas? I need this to work!!! Thanks in advance guys..:smashin:

You might have it on an incompatible resolution. Try 1360x768, if your laptop doesnt support it try lower resolutions.

I had a look in the Samsung manual and it says it supports 1024x768. This is the one ive tried but still nothing. any more ideas?

Have you restarted the laptop with the TV plugged in? Give that ago to force TV detection....

Ive tried it. When i right click on my desktop, i can go to NVidia display, and in that sub menu is Laptop display and Samsung. So it looks like the laptop is connected to the tv fine, but the tv is still not detecting the PC input. Anyone else have any problems with this? :mad:

I ran PC with it 1360x768 fine, tried a couple of the other resolutions and the set went black! TV is gone now so can't help anymore.

Have you check the Hz you're running at?

Nice to see someone having same problem I did and know how frustrated I got with this. Anyway I'm no real techie but when I selected extend desktop from my laptop on to Sammy it did just that and had lovely big screen full of nothing, except mouse pointer when it moved off edge of laptop screen. Had to go into graphics otption on laptop and select output to monitor (not extend) to get Sammy working ok.

Hmmm. My maximum laptop resolution is 1280x768 which is what i use. The sammy manual says that 1024x768 is supported, but no it ISNT!
The settings are set to 60HZ, and ive just tried the cable on an actual monitor and that worked fine.
What could the problem be? Does this tv only support the higher 1360x768 RES?
I've tried cloning the picture as well as extending the picture to the tv, but still no results! HELP please!:lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom