Samsung LE32R74BD- Final decision?

sting£r

Novice Member
I looked at these TVs ages ago, but now they have dropped to £599 and i think i am going to buy one to replace my worn out 24" CRT.

My main consoles at the moment are ps2 and gamecube, but i will soon be getting a 360. Its still important that the older consoles look good though, so will these be easily achieveable through an RGB cable for each?

Will i need an upscaling DVD player or will the imminent 360 console suffice for high quality (SD) DVD viewing?

If i buy from dixons online, would it be worth buyign a stand at the same time? Most stands are half price if bought with a TV, but obviosuly you arent able to seem them in the flesh so might be difficult to know what to get.

Oh, and, is it a risk buying a product with high potential to go wrong from an online retailer?
Thanks.

enablerbro1

It comes with its own pedestal, do you want a stand in addition to that? As to buying online, not really any different to buying on the high street 'cept usually considerably cheaper. Loads of well respected e-tailers.

sting£r

Novice Member
Hi, yes i would probably want a nice glass shelf unit to house my consoles. But i do have a unit already so it isnt essential that i get one immediatley. Not sure if they will all be expensive if i dont buy with the TV though?

Anyone going to confirm that this is a good choice for my suggested usage?

Mafro

Novice Member
I got one for xmas, the LE32R73BD it's a cracking TV. Get it from Dixons as the stands are cheapest there, I got the TV and a black glass stand for around 690 quid using promotional codes and an Egg card. Component would be your best option, but RGB is fine. If you use a VGA cable with a 360 it upscales the DVD.

sting£r

Novice Member
Thanks Mafro. Can i ask which games consoles you have hooked up and how they look? and are you happy with the SD picture?

Mafro

Novice Member
Just got a Wii and PS2 connected via composite scart adapters so naturally the picture quality isn't going to be very good, I've got an official Wii component cable on its way from Hong Kong though and I'll be getting a 360 next week. The SD picture on some Freeview channels is a little blocky but overall it's good. If you've got any more questions don't hesitate to pm me.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom