• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE32R73BDX Shocking pic quality

plumone

Standard Member
Hi there,

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using my Samsung LE32R73BDX as a pc monitor. It's connected using my ATI Radeon X800 GT graphics card (DVI out pc end to HDMI in at the TV's end)

The picture is very bad, text especially is blurred an completely lacks sharpness. I have the very latest display drivers for the graphics card.

When I bypass my graphics card an use the pc and tv's standard S-VGA sockets the picture is greatly improved. But this means I can't play games :(

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
According to Pixel mapping site your Tv is not suitable for PC HDMI connection.

Type LE-xxRyy
Size 26/32/40
Screen 1366x768
HDMI No
VGA 60Hz
O/Scan No

http://pixelmapping.wikispaces.com/Samsung+TVs

How would a VGA connection slow down a PC game, never heard of that one.

The ideal connection to your TV is via a ATI or NVidia card set to 1360 (not 1366) x 768 @60Hz

plumone

Standard Member
Bugger :(

Not the answer I wanted, but thanks a lot for the swift reply Andy.

My Graphics card only has DVI and S-Video output. In order to use the S-VGA cable I have to connect using the pc's onboard graphics. Hence no power to run decent games.

Am guessing that I can get a DVI to S-VGA adapter and just use the S-VGA socket on the TV with the settings you suggest.

Thanks again :thumbsup:

badbob

Banned
If you can get it working, you'll want to use 1366x768 resolution, so play around with powerstrip. 1360x768 is a standard rez, but it'll upscale slightly (horizontally)

Blackbolt360

If you can get it working, you'll want to use 1366x768 resolution, so play around with powerstrip. 1360x768 is a standard rez, but it'll upscale slightly (horizontally)

Not true. It will display at 1360x768 with a 3pixel wide border on each side. It doesn't stretch the image those last 6 pixels.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom