Samsung le32r73bdx blue screen on hdmi

gz52dl

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I have just bought a dvd upscaler, a samsung 1080p7 to go with my sammy le32r73bdx tv. the dvd player works fine thru scart, but when i connect the dvd player up to the tv using a hdmi cable, it doesnt work.

while connected with hdmi, if there is no dvd in the drive, the menu screen comes up and i can have a look at the settings etc, but as soon as i put a dvd in it loads and then i get a blue screen and nothing else, i have left it for a while and nothing changes.

I also have a 26 Inch version of the same tv and i have tried the dvd player on there with the same hdmi cable and it works fine.

anyone have an ideas how i can fix this? is this someting that can be fixed thru a setting or something? or is the hdmi port on the 32" tv broken??

I have alos just performed a reset on the tv, using the service menu, but still a blue screen when the dvd should start
many thaks for any help

i have just tried putting in a backup dvd-r and this played ok? i have tried 5 original dvds and as soon as i press play, the screen goes blue, almost as if there is some sort of copyright from being upscaled?

anyone got any ideas? its driving me round the bend!

Have you tried the HDMI cable in the other ports, also in the dvd player menu/setup/display setup check that the video out put is set to "P-SCAN" and in HDMI set the resolution setting to manual and the resolution to 720P. thats how mine is set.

Curly

I have tried all of the options for the hdmi output, and there is still the blue screen.

My TV only has 1 hdmi port so i cant try another.

I have caleld samssung this morning and they are looking into it and said they would get back to me. Its out of warranty by a month aswell! :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom