Samsung LE32R73BD LCD Viewing Problems with Sky+

L

luapmc

I have had a Samsung LE32R73BD LCD TV for 11 months and have been very happy with it viewing Digital TV through a Sky Digi Box. Last month I had Sky+ installed and immediately noticed a problem when viewing Pause Live TV or Recorded programs - The picture turns black and the sound goes off for a split second - it keeps repeating this time and time again until I switch back to real time viewing. I contacted sky and they came and installed another (New) Sky+ box (Thompson) however the problem continues - last night I plugged a portable LCD into my Sky+ and the problem went away - so I guess it must be the TV? It is still under warrenty but just wondered if it was a setting concern - One friend told me to change the Sky+ setting from RGB to PAL is this correct?

davejm

You could give it a go, although switching from RGB to Composite (labelled as PAL in the Sky box options) isn't really a good idea because the picture quality will be worse.

Strange one, that's for sure.

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
On the SKY+ box RGB NOT PAL and 16:9 NOT 4:3 will give the best results. Just make sure you have connected a quality SCART into a RGB enabled Scart socket on the TV.

L

luapmc

On the SKY+ box RGB NOT PAL and 16:9 NOT 4:3 will give the best results. Just make sure you have connected a quality SCART into a RGB enabled Scart socket on the TV.
Thanks - I have a good SCART (Pure AC Flat Cable) not sure about the other setting however so I will try tonight and let you know what happens

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom