Samsung LE32R73BD Advice please..

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by SilverLightning, Dec 23, 2006.

Tags:
  1. SilverLightning

SilverLightning
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Got a Samsung LE32R73BD television on the 18th and very happy with it so far, £689 from Currys...

Anyway i have a few questions which i hope you could help with.

Firstly, i have two kids aged one and three. I have noticed a couple of light scratches have appeared on the LCD panel and wondered if there was any way of getting rid of these without causing further damage?

From this experience i think its going to have to be wall mounted to avoid any further mishaps. Can anybody point me in the direction of a cheapish yet decent wall mount for this telly as i have spent alot just buying the thing!

Secondly, i tried connecting my PC to it using a VGA monitor cable i had spare in the loft. It didn't work and having read the manual i think i may need to get a better graphics card for my PC even though the PC itself is less than two years old ( it only has one output for monitor though and i think its an inbuilt type card as its not in the usual slot on the motherboard. Is there a specific type of VGA cable i should be using for this purpose which i can try before trying a new and expensive graphics card??

Probably could find the answers on a search but tried and tried... any help is appreciated!

2. runman

runman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. jonny round boy

jonny round boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    That won't fit the LE32R73 - you will need a VESA 200x200 (the one in the link only does 200x100). I used this one, but it's very tight to the wall & you'll need to chop a recess into the wall for the connectors sticking out of the back (see my DIY thread for details). A better one might be this one, as it sits out further & is adjustable, making it easier to connect up.

Hope that helps! :)

4. Y15HAL

Y15HAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I think you may need to change the output of the monitor in display settings within the control panel. This should do the trick. It works for my laptop and 40" Samsung.

5. loz_the_guru

loz_the_guru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    whilst we're on the subject, could anyone point me to a list of settings for this tv? Ive just ordered one and would like to know what people are recommending set-up wise.

6. runman

runman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ouch, sorry for misinformation.

7. Y15HAL

Y15HAL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
  8. loz_the_guru

loz_the_guru

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    perfect, just waht i was looking for!

9. runman

runman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for thread hacking but can any of you tell me what are the default values for "Gamma" and "Panel Option" in service menu for this TV set? I have been after this info for nearly 3days now. Thanks.