1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R51BD pc connection

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by SamSneed, Oct 18, 2005.

1. SamSneed

SamSneed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had this tv a few weeks now and love it, however i've just hooked it up to my desktop pc via vga port and the screen position doesn't quite square up to the edges. 2 edges overlap while the other 2 edges dont quite butt up. Its only by a few millimetres but its very annoying! I dont think it the computer setting because the screen is in the same position when i hook up my laptop.

Does anyone know how to change the screen position? i can't seem to do it throught the on screen menus?

btw the image quality is awesome!

2. Lostinapc

Lostinapc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there should be an automatic setup in the menu, can't remember where. also make sure you have selected 1360x768 as your resolution. there will be a couple of pixels not utilised on this setting i think, that's normal and would be removed if you used hdmi at 1280x720

3. Ryan_is

Ryan_is

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I've had no such problems. All I could suggest is as above and that you follow the(quite lengthy) setup instructions in the user manual to have your PC settings correct.

4. SamSneed

SamSneed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the info....i'll give it a go

5. Ol!ver

Ol!ver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +98
    Im using VGA and have the laptop set to 1280x720, and the TV is saying its running at 1360x768. Are the two interchangable or something?

6. Stephen Neal

Stephen Neal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +681
    Not really, though you may find that only one or other is supported by your display.

1280x720 is a standard HDTV resolution, 1360x768 is a 16:9 version of the PC-friendly 4:3 1024x768 mode.

If your display is 1360x768 you may get clearer results using this resolution on your PC - however you may find your display doesn't accept this resolution... If this is the case then 1280x720 with the display scaling may be the only option.

Believe it or not, some displays don't accept inputs with their native resolution, and only accept the HD standards of 1280x720 or 1920x1080. (Though of course if you are using analogue VGA you can fiddle with the number of horizontal samples as it is an analogue standard - though Windows will cease to be properly aware of the display aspect ratio)