1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R51BD & LE32R41BDX Diff?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by johnrp, Jun 26, 2005.

1. johnrp

johnrp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After lots of reading and soul searching I have decided to go for a Samsung HD Ready tv with freeview, but please somebody tell me the difference ( apart from the case) of these two as there is a £250 price difference online and as I don't like spending more than I have to, why should I by the 51BD??

2. bradavon78

bradavon78

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +133
    Good question. Anyone?

Isn't it cheaper to buy an external Freeview box? By quite some way.

3. johnrp

johnrp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Page 80 of the main LE32R41BDX post has the answer, i shall be saving my self £250 :clap:

4. horlock

horlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I have exactly the same question. Or more accurately I want to know the difference between the

LE32R41B
    LE32R41BD
    LE32R41BDX

Does anyone know and able to give a simple answer. I've just read through page 80 here

and I've also read through shed loads of other pages and still can't tell. THere seems to be a price increase at each stage.

Also can someone confirm for me that

LE32R51B
    LE32R51BD
    LE32R51BDX

are the same only with slightly older version of surround sound - which I believe I picked up somewhere in all the bumf :lease:

5. horlock

horlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got impatient and just phoned Samsung.

Answer is simple.

...B is basic model
    ...BD is the model with free view
    ...BDX is the model with freeview

ie. The BD and the BDX are identical - just sold under different names by the different employers. Hope that answers the question above too.

6. jules19

jules19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats incorrect info or more succinctly ******, samsung are telling porkies mate.

reason is this, i ordered a le32r41b from ed, i was given a free upgrade to a bdx version of the set, i actually was incorrectly given a le32r41bd version as the muppet who "picked " it assumed it was the freeview version as denoted by the D,
    this is not the case the le32r41 and le32r41bd are one in the same product, only the bdx version is the one with the integrated digital tuner (freeview).

do not be hoodwinked into letting anybodty tell you differently- even the manufacturer.

7. horlock

horlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen your reply (which was too late as I have already ordered a BD model) - that said looking at Samsung's website here
    They state plainly that the BD model does have a freeview tuner "with no Set-Top Box needed". So I'm still hoping that you are wrong and Samsung are right - otherwise don't know where I stand I can get a B model for about £100 less than the BD model.

My belief also corresponds to that of mickbarlow here

Cheers

8. horlock

horlock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TV arrived today - awesome quality - I can't detect any dodgy pixels and yes the BD model does come with freeview. Don't know what happened to above. But I can confirm that the BD model is the same as the BDX model - indeed on the box it actually states BD and then just by the bar code the full code which is BDX/XEU

9. jules19

jules19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    that is really bizarre because the box i received with bd embossed on it was an analogue tuner and no way shape or form idtv.

i am now in a state of flux because how on earth did this occur- dd some nob worker at samsung place an analogue tv into a supposed freeview box???

i too received my set today after a whole sorry affair with ED, i am yet to open the box based on television users recent post- there is no fix for the tearing problem :-(

i do not poseess or play any games whatsoever, my use for this tv will purely be for the traditional medium of watching tvand dvd- so hopefully i will not see too much in the way of tearing-