1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41BDX

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by yoshi-1, Sep 7, 2005.

1. yoshi-1

yoshi-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some people in the general thread about the Samsung LE32R41B are getting a bit unhappy with other folk chatting about stock so maybe we should start using a new thread for stock issues.

2. yoshi-1

yoshi-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't want to upset 24 electric customers any further, including myself....but..... I just recieved this email.

Thank-you for your e-mail.

We are receiving stock from Samsung on a weekly basis all orders are being dispatched in date order all outstanding orders will be completed by early October.

Regards
    Customer Service
    24electric

I recon they are just jerking us around. A quick question to all thoes still waiting. Has anyone recieved thier TV from 24electric that ordered on or after the 3rd of August? I suspect the answer will be no. It would be nice to know though. I ordered mine on the 3rd of August.

3. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,376
    I can't for the life of me find anywhere with the LE32R41BDX in stock for less than £900 delivered - there were quite a few a bit ago... If anyone has any info, please let me know!

4. jewels

jewels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could try waratah.co.uk - ordered mine from them this lunchtime, £840.13 inc p&p. Last I heard (on another thread) there was still one left... You may be lucky!

Simon.

5. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,796
    I was told yesterday by someone supposedly in the know that retailers in order to buy at the most competitive prices have to buy in bulk (fairly obvious). As such, it isn't always a case that the manufacturer doesn't have stock, but one where the retailer is waiting for sufficient customer orders to accumulate so they can place the bulk order on the manufacturer.

Makes sense, but could be an urban myth.

6. wiseman

wiseman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sure there are conspiracy theories about why there aren't any screens in stock but there are two two reasons I can think of:

1) Its very cheap for a very good tv, you'd expect there to be a lot of demand
    2) They probably had to stop shipping for a while why they make sure all screens have the firmware fix described elsewhere.

7. yoshi-1

yoshi-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I suspect a fair number of folk pruchased the LE32R41BDX from 24 electric on or near the 3rd of August, as did I. It was on sale for a short time for £726 with free delivery. Quite an astonishing price when you look at the good deals on offer now being around the £840 mark for the non freeview model.

I suspect, although i might be wrong, that the price was incorrect. It's interesting that it shot up to £856 and then £901 on their web site.

I wait to see if they ever deliver. I have a new 42 inch Hyundi HD plasma another 32inch LCD TV and a Sanyo Z2 projector so im not to bothered at the moment although i generally hate waiting for stuff.

I'm pretty sure i'm not the only one waiting for 24 electric to deliver thier TV. I guess another anoying point is the fact that they took the payment for it on the 3rd of August.

8. c00ldown

c00ldown

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Digi-UK Shipped out my order for the LE32R41BDX today and will be getting more deliverys next week I was told

9. trilby

trilby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey c00ldown, when did you order from DigiUK?

Mine is on back order with them, I have an email from them today saying something has shipped but I just called and they tell me its another HD850 that's come out (that will be the 3rd one they have sent)

I'm hoping that they are working in their usual confused state and its the sammy that's on the way.

In fact if anyone posts here that theirs has been dispatched I think it would be good to include the supplier name and date ordered for others who may be in the same position with that supplier.

Cheers
    B.

10. AdiCab

AdiCab
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have ordered one for £845 :eek: from mp3 players (inc delivery). They said that they are getting more in on the 9th of September that should cover back orders and more. I am just hoping that they can fit me in and that the delivery can come early the following week.

MP3 Players

11. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +194
    If you want the "Freeview" version try.............

www.martindawes.net

A little Dicky Bird informs me that they've "put a few aside"

(Don't tell them I told you ;) ;) ;) )

12. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Anyone heard from 24Electric today ? They did tell me yesterday they wer expecting some today.

13. uwbadger

uwbadger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just received the below in response to an email I sent last night. I guess those 10 did not make it in today. I ordered on 3Aug at 2230.

Due to the popularity of the LE32R41BDX LCD TV, Samsung are experiencing difficulties with the shipping of this product. However we expect this situation to be resolved shortly as ten LE32R41BDX LCD TVs are due in to our distribution centre on the 13/09/05, with more to follow shortly after. As you are 10th in the queue you can expect to receive your order by Wednesday or Thursday next week as long as there are no unexpected delays. Please except our apologies for the delay and for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
    Customer Service
    24electric

14. tdenson

tdenson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yes, I rang them today and they agreed with that telling me next Tuesday.
    I ordered at 21:30 - so hopefully I am number 9 or better.

15. olicuk

olicuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I obviously still have a week or so's wait :boring: I will be at least 11th in queue as it was the 4th by the time my order was completed. Was really hoping to have it by this weekend as I've loads of programmes building up on Sky+ I cannot watch (or have no desire to on a 14" screen!).

16. Jaymo

Jaymo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello,

I'm looking to buy a HDTV in particular the one above. I have seen it listed at Tribaluk (http://www.tribaluk.com/samsung-le32r41bdx-lcd-television-01785086.htm) and according to the specs it has a component input...The main reson I'm getting a HDTV is to be able to play Xbox360 through it when it comes out. Apparerently, I need a component input to be able to run the Xbox 360 in HD. However on the Comet website the specs say it doesn't have component input. I can't even find this TV on Samsungs official site, so I can't check on there.... :suicide:

Is there anybody out there who has this TV and can confirm if it has or hasn't got a component input?

Cheers

Jaymo

17. podavies

podavies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    It the official UK Xbox 360 screen I have one and it does have a Component input.

18. Jaymo

Jaymo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quality.

Thanks!

:D

19. BenPremium

BenPremium
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Definitely has component, my PS2 is hooked up that way at the moment.

20. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Don't go off the Comet website, I have never ever come across a sight so poorly maintained, the inaccuracies when quoting specifications are legendary.

21. stormflood

stormflood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this TV. It has component, hdmi, vga, av, scart, shower, breadmaker ...

I'm waiting for the 360 too, and I'm glad it comes with the component leads. I'm even happier PS3 has hdmi. 2 in fact!

22. stormflood

stormflood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm new to all this LCD TV lark, so be gentle.

I have a rather lovely Samsung, but I need convincing things will get better. I understand how poor the present digital TV signals are, and how every compression artifact looks much worse on such a clear screen. But what I really hate is the smoothing effect that the Sammy does to the picture. The way it finds obvious edges and tries to round them off, in the same way I would use the 'median' filter in photoshop. It's especially bad on typography, and turns edges into rounded corners. I would rather see the original pixellation to be honest, so is there any way to turn this feature off? And I'm not talking about the sharpness function.

Right, and what about the colour? It realy looks like it is 'false colouring' on the fly. You know, like they did with black and white movies once. I can actually see when it is detecting what must be a skin tone area, and just colouring in the whole patch in 'vibrant skin tone', which usually means orange or pink. It's like all objects get painted in one block of colour.

Please tell me I can have normal, unaffected colours and pictures with LCDTVs. Or that HD broadcasts won't go through a play-doh machine. Why did my £200 CRT look natural in colour, wheras my £1000 set-up looks bloody awful?

*sob*

23. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    How long have you had your TV on because it sounds like you haven't given it chance to 'warm up' yet. When I first turned my Samsung LCD TV on, the picture was hideous particularly on faces which seemed to consist of two colours, a dark and a light shade! I was so gutted at the picture quality I was seriously thinking I'd made a mistake buying an LCD TV. However, after an hour or so, the image cleared up and it was gorgeous thereafter. Just give it chance.

If the colours are still odd after a day or so then it could be that your TV is faulty.

As for the edge problem you have, I can't say I've noticed it. Sky Digital looks fantastic on my TV from a normal viewing distance with Sharpness set to 25 but if I look closely I can see the pixels making up the menus and text. Of course it depends on which channel you are watching as to how good the picture is but for the most part I've found Sky Digital looks excellent.

24. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    What is your honest opinion of the PQ for Freeview or Sky broadcasts on the Samsung?

25. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    I can see what you mean about the "smoothing" effect, but this is how images are upscaled on every single LCD I've seen. However, it should not be noticeable at normal viewing distances; at least 8/9ft on a 32" set. (you want about 3x the diagonal of the display)

As for colour; I have not seen anything like that on this display. (LE32R41BX)
    Have you been using "my colour control" to change r/g/b values? This could perhaps explain it - you are best to leave these alone, as it does not adjust R/G/B individually, only certain aspects of it. (hard to explain really)

If you are just talking about areas of very similar colour/tone being the same, then that could very well just be the digital compression you're seeing. This is how MPEG works, and why shadow detail is the first to go. (as it's usually very uniform in colour/tone)

Would it be possible for you to take a picture? (upload it to imageshack if you don't know how to share it)

26. trilby

trilby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine arrived today from DigiUK. Ordered it on the 30th August. It's the 32" BDX version and it is superb. Currently watching a bright, crisp nice picture via Sky box also nice from built in freeview.

It is huge compared to the old 25" sony crt we had but looks elegant and light on its stand and my custom built corner unit.

We wanted a TV with a black surround all this silver stuff is great with modern houses, but don't really suit a victorian living room with huge black slate fireplace and this lcd display really fits in well.

I'm now a happy samsung owner, join me!

Cheers
    B.

27. Jaymo

Jaymo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Qual.

At least I know I'm buying the right TV now. Thanks for all your help, guys.

Can't wait for the 360! Preordered last week...Not long to go now! :clap:

28. Jaymo

Jaymo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  29. Dune

Dune

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    You are describing exactly what I can see in my local Currys. They have an area set aside for all the different Samsungs and they all look as you describe to my eyes.

The colours in particular look like someone really turned up the saturation to the degree blue looks tourquoise and so on. They are cartoon like.

Yet I read many posts on here from happy owners so I was starting to wonder if they only ever watch DVD's and feed the screen HD samples from a PC.

The reviews for what I assume is a similar model that you can get at on this site say the set is poor on normal TV feeds so that added to your experience makes wonder if this set is any good at all for normal (freeview/sky) TV.

However, I did read somewhere that the smoothing you describe can be got rid of if you turn noise reduction off. Don't ask me how, I don't own one but have been following the discussions with interest and I am sure I read that somewhere.

I'd be really interest to know if you can adjust the picture to get what you want.

Dave

30. ThePimpmaster

ThePimpmaster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The picture on the 26inch version is nice with RGB, after a few weeks of use I like it. You have to get used to it and set the TV up for the source you're using.