Samsung LE32R41BDX dead pixel

Morratut

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've just got my new Samsung TV from DigiUK and i set it up with no problems whatsoever.

I then noticed a dead black pixel. I just can't ignore it.It's doing my head in.

DigiUK say that Samsungs policy is if you have 6 white and 6 black dead pixels then it is faulty.

This isn't good enough. Can't i do anything about it? Do i have to get my money back? :(

It's a shame because the TV and picture is really nice.

did you buy it online or over the phone? if so and its not what you want then you can send it back for a refund

Yeah i bought it online. I'm getting a refund. Damn i'm gutted. I just wouldn't be happy with the dead pixel looking at me <sigh>

Does anyone know of any good HD Ready CRTs?

dont blame you i wouldnt accept 1 dead pixel on any screen, still got for lcd or plasma crt is old and bulky and projection is rubbish

JagoPlasma said:
did you buy it online or over the phone? if so and its not what you want then you can send it back for a refund

Well, I'm not a legal expert but I think you'll find that there's no provision in the law for sending things back if it's "not what you want".

There are two ways you can send stuff back. Firstly if you decided that ordering it was a mistake you could return it under the Distance Selling Regulations. That has to be within 7 days, and the item must be unused (or at least in exceptional completely as new condition).

If it was faulty you could return it under the Sale of Goods Act. However I think you'd have trouble arguing that a single pixel is sufficient, particularly when there is an ISO standard which allows for a certain number of faulty pixels.

Have a look a http://graphics.tomshardware.com/display/20030319/

Well good luck, I'd hate for it to happen to me, just be sure that you know your rights under consumer law and speak to a solicitor if need be.

I've organised already for it to be collected by DigiUK will not give me a replacement. I'll get the money back and buy it from somewhere else.

Shame because i was happy with the TV apart from the dead pixels.

Any other Suppliers people would recommend?

chowells, the whole idea of the DSR is that you cant physically see what your buying, so if you buy it and its not what you want you can send it back

Are there ISO standards for dead pixel faults? Just because a manufacturer doesn't consider it faulty doesn't mean the law, or you don't.

I bought a laptop with one dead pixel and got it replaced. I'd do the same to with a TV.

I believe Samsung sticks to ISO standards for their LCD TVs; for their Monitors they offer a zero dead pixel warranty.

However, I wouldn't worry about it - at normal viewing distances, a dead/stuck pixel should not be visible, which is why LCD TVs have higher allowances. If you can see it from where you're sitting, you're too close.

andrewfee said:
I believe Samsung sticks to ISO standards for their LCD TVs; for their Monitors they offer a zero dead pixel warranty.

However, I wouldn't worry about it - at normal viewing distances, a dead/stuck pixel should not be visible, which is why LCD TVs have higher allowances. If you can see it from where you're sitting, you're too close.

Or you have good eyesight.

im sorry but i could see a dead pixel from 12ft away esspecially if i knew it was there.

i pay for 13xx x 10xx pixels i want every single one of them, if a dead pixel wasnt faulty then the manufacturer should be able to sell you a screen with all the pixels being dead... i dont see that happening do you?

i went to buy a flatscreen from PCworld last month, i said can i see it before i buy it? they said no, i said can i bring it back if it has dead pixels? they said no (a minimum of 12) so i said screw ya then and walked out

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom