Samsung LE32R41BDX - about to proceed to checkout

C

clarky1

was in 2 minds about buying this or the lg 32 inch - went to currys in coventry and was looking for 20 mins without being approached until i spoke to somebody who didnt seem bothered so popped next door to comet where the 2 sets are side by side the lg being £100 dearer - i have sky + so the fact the sammy has freeview didnt really bother me but i was interested in pip which the lg has and apparently the sammy dont - i was approached the salesman and i told him i was comparing the 2 sets and he asked if i wanted advice as a salesman or friend - i replied friend and he said there was no contest the sammy even though cheaper is far better - i mentioned the fact that the sammy dont have pip but he proceeded to give me a full demo of pip with the 50% split screen or just a small box in the corner yet i was reading earlier that somebody on here was upset because the pip didnt work - (did it work instore just because of the hdtv connection)

other questions are

1- will i need to get a special cable
2- will i need to get a hd dvd player
3- whats the best bracket to buy for fixing on a wall

would appreciate any help or advice you guys can give me especially over this pip issue

chriszzzzzz

Firstly go to the bigger Curry's at Orchard park. (over towards baginton) I had great customer service there.
PiP on the Sammy is only available in analogue mode or when a pc or hdmi source is connected.
The Sammy is wonderful for everyday use. I have absolutely no problems with mine and the pic quality is fantastic.
You will only need a special cable if you connect a DVD with hdmi out. If you use a standard DVD the good old scart. S.video, composite or component inputs can be used. You don't have to have HD anything but you will be future proof with the set for when HD-DVD becomes available.

C

clarky1

cheers for the info chris - i popped into ttc on the foleshill rd today and they offered to pricematch any of the web deals - digico and digital empire online are both partly owned by ttc - if anybody does live in coventry then this store is really good to visit as they always ask you what is the cheapest you have seen the set for and then come up with a really good deal - they only stock 6 brands including sony-jvc-panasonic-samsung

thelurch

Novice Member
If you decide to buy from currys website, and I think you have to be spending over £1000, if you put in 100OFF1000_candg under the promotional codes and update your basket it will take off £100 and also then put in pricerunner it will give you free delivery, I know currys are not very competitive but it might help.

I dont definately know thats its £100 off when you spend over £1000 but the code kind of gives that impression, it works as I had tried to order the samsung LE40R51b but they then said there were no more stock!

thelurch

Novice Member
my local currys have signs they printed themselves saying they will price match the web and highstreet if the others have it in stock and its not in a sale, you can only ask!

TJNewton

Novice Member
Hi Guys, I'm torn between the SammyLE32R41BD and the Toshiba 32WL56 both get excellent reviews but the Sammy just pips the Tosh as it has a digital tuner. My problem is that when ever I've seen a Sammy being demo'd with various inputs the picture always looks darker compared to adjacent models. Is this a fundamental problem or have I just been unfortunate with the ones I have seen displayed. I must confess it is not something I have seen mentioned as a problem in any reviews or on these forums. But if possible I would like some real world opinions.

TIA :)

Moogle

Novice Member
One problem with the Toshiba is that it doesn'gt have a seperate component input. The PC input doubles as a component input so you can't use both at the same time. The Samsung has individual component and PC inputs. This may or may not be an issue for you.

TJNewton

Novice Member
Not really an issue for me at present, more interested in picture quality but thanx for the reply. :smashin:

SoupKing

Standard Member
Thanks Lurch, I used your advice to purchase TX32LXD52 from Currys web store yesterday making the price £1009 delivered easily the best deal I could find on that model.

(Bought it for my parents, I'm a 42" Panny Plasma man myself, got that this time last year from AV Sales and they were great to deal with, screen is superb and the post sales advice AV gave me was excellent also. Thankfully the LCD is an all in one box solution - don't think that would be Currys strong point..........lol)

bignige

clarky1 said:
was in 2 minds about buying this or the lg 32 inch - went to currys in coventry
You should check out the refurbished Comet on Holyhead road (Alvis retail, where safeway(Morrisons) is).
They have the LG next to the Samsung, they're all showing Hi Def feeds as well. It makes a change from the snow blizzards picture they normally have!

I think the Samsung was £1099 without DVD player £1199 with DVD player. Expensive compared to the web, but then again places like this normally are.

B

BaNdito

:hiya:

first post here, doesnt mean i havent been lurking for a long time, but the time has come to get a 32" screen for the backroom.

This thread caught my eye as I have been into the currys at baginton!
Only yesterday in fact.
They offered a best price of £1000 for the LE32 51 model.
Tried to tell me its a different model and thus price matching the web sites wasnt really possible, but 10% reduction was offered.

They didnt have the item in stock mind, I might end up ordering online, but i would prefer a retailer i can hit with a large TV when it has a fault :)

have you purchased yours yet???

I am looking today, probably go and look at alvis retail.

thelurch

Novice Member
BaNdito said:
:hiya:

first post here, doesnt mean i havent been lurking for a long time, but the time has come to get a 32" screen for the backroom.

This thread caught my eye as I have been into the currys at baginton!
Only yesterday in fact.
They offered a best price of £1000 for the LE32 51 model.
Tried to tell me its a different model and thus price matching the web sites wasnt really possible, but 10% reduction was offered.

They didnt have the item in stock mind, I might end up ordering online, but i would prefer a retailer i can hit with a large TV when it has a fault :)

have you purchased yours yet???

I am looking today, probably go and look at alvis retail.
If I were you stay well clear of Currys online unless you want orders cancelled and want to wait up to thress weeks for it to come.

The only reason to go with them is if the price is right, often it isnt but you can use the codes I posted in this thread for money off, dont assume because its a big retailer it would make returns easier, and certainly not with currys

B

BaNdito

Well guyz;

Having looked at comet and currys, then lastly TTC.

the conclusion was to purchase from digital direct.co.uk;

I concluded that none of the high street retailers are interested in even meeting half way on the prices, I told most of them, I dont mind paying extra to purchase from a reputable retail source but its the amount of EXTRA cash they require thats the problem.

I would happily spend £100 extra and buy retail, but in this case I have a choice £1050 or £839. even TTC were not any cheaper than currys or comet, and they wouldnt budge at all, in a way I am glad as I wouldnt want to purchase from them anyway!

D

DanVittori

SoupKing said:
Thanks Lurch, I used your advice to purchase TX32LXD52 from Currys web store yesterday making the price £1009 delivered easily the best deal I could find on that model.

(Bought it for my parents, I'm a 42" Panny Plasma man myself, got that this time last year from AV Sales and they were great to deal with, screen is superb and the post sales advice AV gave me was excellent also. Thankfully the LCD is an all in one box solution - don't think that would be Currys strong point..........lol)
Can you please confirm that your order with Curry is going okay and also when are you expecting the delivery of your D52?

Cheers

SoupKing

Standard Member
Here's the situation so far...........

Last Wed placed order, delivery was 5-7 days so I requested delivery for this Sat as no time off work req'd.

Thurs am order was acknowledged by e-mail, it still said subject to availability which would be confirmed by return. Noticed Thursday that the web site stated the "table top stand not included" IT DID NOT SAY THAT ON WEDNESDAY WHEN I ORDERED. So I e-mailed to clarify, no news Thurs, no news Friday but got a mail Sunday from cust service confirming that IT IS INCLUDED. (web page now changed again to remove the stand not included note)

Monday, got an invoice in the post stating the goods were allocated and at my local depot (Cumbernauld Scotland) awaiting delivery as scheduled.

So far so good - BUT I DON'T HAVE IT YET, given Currys reputation with a lot of forum members they still have ample time to screw up..............lol.

NB The list price structure has changed since I ordered last week, it was £1109.89 PLUS £19.99 delivery (which I saved with a Kelkoo code) it's now £1159.89 INCLUDING delivery. I guess you could still get £100 off that if you use Lurch's discount advice, £50 up on last week though.

chriszzzzzz

Got mine from Orchard retail park Currys for £899.00 Not bad for a retail store..The manager gave me a realy good deal because I'd had so much trouble with the samsung slim CRT I had previously.
Great customer service from the manager there. Delivered (Free)two days later aswell.
I'm still chuffed with mine. I havn't had any of the problems others seem to have suffered and the pic quality from all sources is fantastic. :clap:

D

DanVittori

Thanks SoupKing. I will also try to use £100 discount voucher on Curry. But before that i have to finalise the tv :rolleyes: Getting more confused day by day :confused:.

SoupKing

Standard Member
Currys TX32LXD52 Update.

Arrived Sat as requested, so all in all Currys worked out fine for me st £1009 all in (perhaps not typical) but they did everything on time and confirmed each stage as we went along...........just as they should when your parting with over a grand.

My parents are well chuffed with the TV, I was surprised myself just how good the freeview picture was.

SoupKing.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom