Samsung LE32R41BDX 8 Day EPG?

stevetuc

Standard Member
Does the LE32R41BDX support an 8 day EPG and if so is it possible to scroll +/- 1 day with a single keypress on remote?

(I did first post this in the 47 page thread on the LE32R41BDX but decided
to start new thread for this)

Thx in advance,
Steve

stevetuc

Standard Member
any LE32R41BD or 51BD owners care to vcomment? I'm ready to buy a 41BD but need to check this forst- I asked Samsung Tech support if they support
an 8 day EPG and they said they cant comment- call freeview!!
I pointed out that most other makers explicitly state 8 day EPG and even samsung do for some sets like the DLPs, but no good, call freeview

So guys , need your help :confused:

busterdan

stevetuc said:
any LE32R41BD or 51BD owners care to vcomment? I'm ready to buy a 41BD but need to check this forst- I asked Samsung Tech support if they support
an 8 day EPG and they said they cant comment- call freeview!!
I pointed out that most other makers explicitly state 8 day EPG and even samsung do for some sets like the DLPs, but no good, call freeview

So guys , need your help :confused:
Will check in the next hour or two mate...

If I forget mail me at dfarry<AT>yahoo.com (@ not <AT>)

busterdan

I need to do a channel rescan anyway as apparently there are a few freeview channel channels so this is a useful reminder :)

busterdan

Sorry mate... not good news...

Although there is direct access to the EPG and four buttons to scroll through the pages, I cannot see any way to change days. There is a separate firmware for the freeview tuner so I guess it could be updated (currently it dates back to April)

busterdan

You can scroll to the next day which is slow but you eventually get to all the programmes....they are show as "no info"
However after a few minutes the details of these are entered... it is a bit hit and miss and obviously the EPG is pulling the programme details in realtime. I did notice that prime time TV periods (such as Saturday) were shown.

With the programme information it is possible to set a reminder and these are added to the schedule list, so you can see all the reminders at a glance.

I'll continue to play... perhaps there is a daily scroll feature.

stevetuc

Standard Member
busterdan said:
You can scroll to the next day which is slow but you eventually get to all the programmes....they are show as "no info"
However after a few minutes the details of these are entered... it is a bit hit and miss and obviously the EPG is pulling the programme details in realtime. I did notice that prime time TV periods (such as Saturday) were shown.

With the programme information it is possible to set a reminder and these are added to the schedule list, so you can see all the reminders at a glance.

I'll continue to play... perhaps there is a daily scroll feature.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253065&highlight=epg also confirms that EPG is 8 day but has no daily scroll feature, you have to scroll thru the hours manually. Its a bit annoying that the EPG info has to be pulled in realtime. My netgem STB downloads the EPG cache data whilst in standby so its instantly available. Im also not wild about the reported greenflash on freeview http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248313 which I think is down to a (fixable by firmware update) microcode problem on the IBM STB controller - would be good it Samsung would fix these two problems, which would make this set awesome.
Samsung - hope you read these forums :hiya:

Trending threads

Top Bottom