Samsung LE32R41BD

E

EagleGreen

Newbie here .. hello to all.

I have recently been married and some of our gifts have come in the form of Debenhams vouchers. (about £700 worth)

I want to use these to put towards an LCD TV. Looking on their website and in store, the most attractive one for me is the Samsung LE32R41B or LE32R41BD.

The questions I have are:

1. They are priced at £899 on Debenhams, but elsewhere they seem cheaper. (£700 is the cheapest I have seen advertised out there) I see the price match John Lewis thread, is there anything anyone knows about similar types of matching in other stores?

2. Is there a difference between the two models? Which is the better?

Appreciate any help offered?

The 41 series is old hat now, Samsung have moved on to the 73 & 74 series, I noticed a 41 series 32" being sold off in my local Dixons at the weekend for £599.
The difference I think is one has Freeview built in? Can not be 100% on that, I looked at these sets over a year ago now.

Just had a look at the site, checked this one out an old model 32 Tosh for £1199.99 32WLT58. The new model is 32WLT66 and only £733 from Dixons online. £467 difference.

RIP OFF.

Andy98765 said:
Just had a look at the site, checked this one out an old model 32 Tosh for £1199.99 32WLT58. The new model is 32WLT66 and only £733 from Dixons online. £467 difference.

RIP OFF.

Unfortunately, I have the vouchers for there, hence my looking at their models.
If the 41 series is only £550 in Dixons, I'll just go there and use the vouchers for something else.

Thanks for your thoughts!

I got this TV at the back end of last year for £900 and it is a cracking piece of kit.

Thing is, it doesnt matter what model you buy, its always going to be outdated in 6 months or so, so no doubt next year the Samsung le32r73BD will be out of date and alot cheaper.

So really you should just get one that performs well with all inputs (le32r41/73bd), i cant argue with mine, and until there is a major leap in technology then theres no need to change.

Hi,

I have the 41 model and think it is great so if you can get it for the prices quoted above go for it.

The differance between the 'B' model and the 'BD' model is that the 'BD' model has a built in freeview digital reciever (which does give an excellent picture).

If you have any questions about the tv just message me.

Steve

Gumbe said:
(which does give an excellent picture).

AMEN. I was watching BBC over the weekend and i have to say the quality over Freeview is unbelievably excellent :eek: . I am avery impressed with the clarity and colours of it, especially as im not supposed to be able to get Freeview in my area.

Cracking set....You won't be dissapointed if you get the pics I get...:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom