1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41BD Shuts Off

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by xero1, Oct 17, 2005.

1. xero1

xero1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Folks

I have a LE32R41BD, had if for 6 weeks exactly to the day and have had no issues. I really love this set and it quality.

However to the point, my set appears to have developed a fault , when I use teletext its ok for 5-10 mins and then the TV stops responding to the remote, then the screen goes blank (still got sound), then it powers itself off. I must stress this only occurs with teletext/mix/split.

Has anyone else experienced something like this and what was the outcome?
    Any ideas ?? :lease:

2. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I havent but im sure i saw a post with this same fault a while back, but dont remember where.

3. barneyb

barneyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    have you got the latest firmware? I'm not sure how to check it but I'm sure you can find the info here... just a thought

4. xero1

xero1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry folks is a B not a BD. No freeview (Rome model) :oops:

Still looking for clues? :lease:

5. spikecast

spikecast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +459
    I would just send it back to where you got it from, clearly sounds like a problem with TV and not a firmware problem.

6. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    If the TV is fine with everything except teletext then it sounds very much like a software problem to me not a hardware one especially if you can recreate the issue everytime.

I've not really used teletext at all but I'll try it tonight and see if mine has this "issue"...

7. xero1

xero1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. Re the send it back that is exactly what i'm trying to arrange but the supplier states that as i've had it more than 28 day's, they require an engineers report. I'm letting this happen but its not leaving my home.

If it's got a fault at this stage i want it replaced.

I myself don't use teletext, but it moved on to a point of principle.

Still if one you lovely people can shed anymore light on it, i would be most grateful. :thumbsup:

8. xero1

xero1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've found out a bit more, it only occurs on a page that has multiple sub pages i.e the holiday pages.

It's fine for about 5 mins and the screen just fades to black, the sound stay's on and the system DOES NOT Power off. If i use the remote the red LED on the TV flashes rapidly, if i use the remote power button the afore mentioned occurs and then it power done.

Power back on and it's fine. All TV modes appear fine. :eek: