Samsung LE32R41BD or Sharp LC-32GA6E?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by kRAyZZed, Nov 5, 2005.

Tags:
  1. kRAyZZed

kRAyZZed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi guys, I have been reading through these forums and seen alot of comments about both of these sets, mainly many people having issues with the Samsung model.

Now the reason I am considering this model is that this tv will be primarily for my xbox 360 and it is the exact same model (albeit they use the 23" model) that Microsoft use in their xbox360 pods, and I have not noticed any issues. However I have not really been able to do a fair comparison so I am seeking a few different opinions.

Here is what I will be using it for atm
    xbox360 - 720p
    Sky+ via RGB Scart (will be adopting SkyHD next year)

and my budget is somewhere in the region of £800-£900 (not alot I know for a 32")

Thank you
    ~kRAyZZed

2. clubber

clubber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey

I was having the exact same problem as you, not being able to decide between the two sets. But i chose the Samsung in the end.

The only fault with the Samsung is the Sky+ isn't as good picture quality that you would expect, but if your getting Sky HD in Feb, then you wont be botherd.

I think the design of the Samsung is 10 times better than the Sharp aswell.

Only thing i can suggest is for you to go up to comet and take a look at both TV's in action and then make your mind up :)

3. kRAyZZed

kRAyZZed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hmm well I think im going to go for the Samsung, cheapest I have seen it so far is £916inc vat, anyone seen it cheaper anywhere?

4. Eiji

Eiji

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
  5. clubber

clubber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Even argos are doing it for about £879 now

6. SNB

SNB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
  7. kRAyZZed

kRAyZZed
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanx guys :D

8. salubrious_k

salubrious_k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    I'm going to bump this thread as I'm now facing exactly the same dilemna.

I think I've got it down to either going for the Sammy at around £825 or the Sharp at about the same price.

EDIT: And, like many others, I am going to be using it for XBox 360 gaming, so I wonder whether the Samsung's faster response time is not a bonus factor.

Now, I've read several reviews that are raving about Sammy (for example the CNET one) where they do say that "although the picture quality is not as good as a Sharp". Does this therefore mean that despite being a brilliant set, the Sharp is going to have a better picture quality?

I've viewed the TVs (almost side-by-side) on Tottenham Court Road, but generally they're not set up with decent sources, or they're on an analogue signal, so it hasn't really helped.

Does anyone know which set is better for displaying a less-than-brilliant freeview signal? My reception isn't too great at home.

Thanks for the help...

9. lcooper1

lcooper1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wanted to add that John Lewis will price match this model to Crampton and Moore, a shop in Sheffield, who are doing it for £849 and you then get the 5 year John Lewis guarantee.

Hope that helps.

10. salubrious_k

salubrious_k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Thanks for that tip!

I was worried that I wouldn't be able to price match as I'm down in London (and nowhere near Sheffield) but looking on the John Lewis website, their price match conditions say anywhere in the UK.

They do say the item has to be in stock though and the Samsung isn't, but the Sharp is - maybe that's going to force my decision for me?

11. lcooper1

lcooper1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It may well do - we're currently waiting for a Samsung but JL say they won't have any in until December. Oh well!

Good luck with your decision and getting it pricematched by JL.

12. Jaymzee

Jaymzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    You could always wait a few more weeks and go for samsungs 51M! (replacement for the 41 series!)

13. PaleRider1975

PaleRider1975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I've managed to find the Sammy LE3241RB for £784:95 here https://secure.121electricals.com/detail.asp/sku=LE32R41B But one thing worth noting is what is states in their Terms & Conditions;

"All goods are covered by a 12 month manufactures warranty. In the unlikely event of your goods being delivered faulty or damaged, you must contact us within 2 days of the date of delivery via email in order for us to arrange a replacement or provide a refund. After 14 days, should the goods become faulty you will need to contact a local authorised repair centre. Please note that although your warranty covers both parts and labour it does not cover delivery and collection of the goods from the repairer and some service centres may charge for this. Any charge must be paid by you, the customer, directly to the service agent if applicable."

Cheap price but it looks like if you get any snags it's up to you to get it sorted! :rolleyes:

14. SLIM

SLIM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi m8 this model dont have the FREEVIEW just in case you did not no

15. salubrious_k

salubrious_k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    And it's only about £20 cheaper than Waratah, and from reading other threads, they sound a lot safer than this place...

16. fishblues2

fishblues2
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    This sounds like the best option to me, but its more expensive than the 41 series, do you think the price of the 51 series will come down after xmas.

17. Jaymzee

Jaymzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I doubt it would be coming down that quick after christmas. But for the extra couple of hundred quid, the colour display jumps from 16 million to 6.4 billion which will always help create better blacks on the screen!! Plus hopefully they have sorted some of the issues that have appeared on some of the 41 models.