1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41BD & LE32R51BD Is there a difference?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Faust, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have just been reading the What Video & Widescreen t.v. bench test report on the Samsung LE32R41BD LCD panel. The report gives this panel "Best Buy" status and a glowing report. Now I have noticed that Comet are selling this panel for £1099 which seems good value. However, Currys are also selling what on the face of it appears to be the same panel again for £1099. I say on the face of it because if you look at both panels the one in Currys has the black surround extending down into the speaker area in the shape of a V and it also carries a slightly different number i.e. Samsung LE32R51BD the surround on the 41 is straight all the way round. Both panels are HD Ready, integrated Freeview tuner etc. Does anyone know what if anything is the difference in these two LCD panels from Samsung? I'm simply curious.

2. multiply

multiply

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Everyone here states that the only difference between the 51 and the 41 is cosmetic.

3. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    From other threads in these forums, I believe that the difference is purely cosmetic.

Cheers,

Martin.

4. wush

wush
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which look does everyone prefer? I think the straight edge on the 41 is a lot more attractive.

Will the 51 replace the 41 in retail or will they both co-exist?

5. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I prefer the straight edged one i.e. the 41 which I think is the latest spec. For anyone that has not read the review of this LCD in What Video and Widescreen TV, this is what was written in the conclusion section

The ratings were as follows

Picture *****
    Sound ****
    Features *****
    Ease of use ****
    Value *****

Overall Verdict *****

6. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    If it wasn't for the fact that my TV has developed a major picture processing fault after just one month I'd agree with that for the most part. The picture is superb (when it works!) but the sound is pretty ordinary erring a little bit on the tinny side and more deserving of *** than **** in my opinion. As for features, compared with what I've seen offered by other LCDs, the Samsung TV is fairly basic in terms of picture options etc so it would get **** for Features.

Assuming I get a replacement that actually works for more than a month and doesn't have tearing I'll rate it ***** for value and overall too.

7. Faust

Faust

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I have spoken to Samsung CS today concerning the difference between the 41 and the 51. CS insist that the 51 is the newer of the two models, though not by much, and has more recent firmware installed as standard. I can only assume they are referring to the tearing issue. However, the CS rep either couldn't or wouldn't elaborated further.