Samsung LE32R41B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine has just arrived. I'll give you all some more info ASAP.

Empire Direct took my money and said that the product was in stock. It wasn't and I have asked for a refund.

I don't think its been sourced from elsewhere or anything like that, got a kettle plug and comes with a standard UK plug. Don't worry about all this whats going on muck, it's a fantastic TV from what i've seen so far, just worry about being able get one asap :D

IF the quality of this set turns out to be good I'll be ordering one.

OK. Holy, freakin' crap. As soon as you turn this thing on and see the Auto Tuning menu, the quality of the panel hits you in the face. It is incedible.

So far the image quality is incredible. I honestly cannot believe this. I'm working on getting the sound nailed - so far it is a tiny bit tinny but what's new - buy some external speakers and you're set. Wow.

Over the moon so far :)

I know what you mean i turned it on and even the snow fuzz with there being no reception was ace and the menus are so so sharp!

Been watching some HD trailers on it and its gorgeous can't wait till i get home to play some games and films on it. I'll try an nick my bosses camera and take some pics this afternoon and msn them to lyris, if you can upload them for me mate?

Sure thing, either MSN me them or send them to [email protected].
Wish I had a digital camera so I could share this with you guys!

The HD trailers look insane. I can't believe I'm looking at analog VGA!

What has happened? What is this doing with me for under 800 pounds?
Has there been some sort of mistake? Order one of these now!

I'm ready to check out Component input. But so far HDMI from my Pioneer 668 is incredible.

If I'm going to nitpick, all I can say is that the remote isn't as responsive as my last Sony. That's it! Quite frankly though if I complained about that for this huge uprgrade in picture quality and size... and a frankly ludicrous price :D - then I would have lost the plot entirely!

Lyris

Have you tried both PAL & NTSC (50 & 60hz) material over HDMI ? Also was this 540P, 720P or 1080i? Any chance you can also try these via Component for me?

I'm ready to order but just want to ensure that all these settings work before I make the call !

:smashin:

Lyris go and beg, steal or borrow a digi cam, lol, share the experience,

Glad your happy m8

Taz

Sounding good lads :smashin:
Carn't wait to read your reviews on this set :) , I hope the PQ with footy is better than my Tevion which I have to take back to Aldi

I need some Samsung loving ;) , mind you don't know when that will be as next delivery is about a month off :thumbsdow

:hiya:

Yeah I'm really unsure now, whether to wait the 3/4 weeks with Empire, or possibly look elsewhere, oh and my card won't get charged until it is despatched, assuming it does get despatched in the first place :confused:

At first, Component looked a bit harsh on the eyes. Turning Sharpness down to almost 0 (from my US GameCube) gives the best picture.

As other reviewers have said, turning Dynamic Contrast off is the best option. With it On, the contrast sometimes gets totally blown out. We knew this already - nothing new.

Have you tried both PAL & NTSC (50 & 60hz) material over HDMI ? Also was this 540P, 720P or 1080i? Any chance you can also try these via Component for me?

My current player is a Pioneer 668 so only outputs at standard definition. Both 480p and 576p have worked over HDMI. I'll try Component for you soon. I should be able to tell you if 720p/50 works tomorrow when I get my new upscaling player.

The display has the familiar "HD ready" logo in the top right corner.

maddav said:
Yeah I'm really unsure now, whether to wait the 3/4 weeks with Empire, or possibly look elsewhere, oh and my card won't get charged until it is despatched, assuming it does get despatched in the first place :confused:

Depends on the feedback mate....if it proves to be so good then the 3-4 week wait would be well worth it.....

As I said earlier just be sure you wont be charged in advance and that you can still cancel at any time.

Unlike the Tevion...for a week or two there will only be a few TV's in circulation and getting a pounding by users....everyone's setup is different and as we have seen in the Tevion thread results are not always consistent.

I'm not dismissing the Samsung... it looks great and if it does everything the Tevion can...and provide more conventional connections then I 'd return the Tevion in a flash....

But, I can't help being suspicious of Empires pricing and ability to supply these in a reasonable time to fullfil what i think is going to be quite a few orders.

Apart from the thread here... this TV is also listed on Rpoints and Money Saving Expert...as well as probably others so if any are available at Empire they may well all be snapped whilst we wait for the results of testing :rolleyes:

I'll phone them up now, and say that I'm prepared to wait, I've read the manual fully and the features look amazing it has all the connectors I want (plus a bit more good for futureproofing - HDMI), the initial feedback here seems good, overall I think it'll be worth it, though I will keep in constant contact with Empire, and I will relay what they say about stock availability :)

Now what can I do for 4 weeks with a brand new DVD player, Speaker System and no (decent) TV... :D

Thanks Lyris

Basically then we can confirm the following works well so far :

VGA - 1360x768 1:1 mapping (Cheers Roost)
HDMI - 480P (60hz) 576P (50hz) *

* Or is your player converting all signals to PAL Friendly 50hz ?

Come on then guys we neen more test results, looking for :

720P & 1080i tests at both 50 & 60hz via HDMI & component ?

:thumbsup:

maddav said:
I'll phone them up now, and say that I'm prepared to wait, I've read the manual fully and the features look amazing it has all the connectors I want (plus a bit more good for futureproofing - HDMI), the initial feedback here seems good, overall I think it'll be worth it, though I will keep in constant contact with Empire, and I will relay what they say about stock availability :)

Now what can I do for 4 weeks with a brand new DVD player, Speaker System and no (decent) TV... :D

....buy more DVD's and download as much High Def stuff as you can :rotfl:

Hope it works out mate...and you get the TV sooner rather than later... be interesting to know how things progress though.

Component: 480p/60 and 520p/50 are both working correctly.

I've just taken some pics of the TV itself a couple with a madagascar hd trailer running and then 2 of the connections. The connections pics are a bit blurry, sorry about that but i was in a bit of a rush heh :)

Remember i haven't touched a single setting other than country and the clock so it will be very easy to get it looking better than this!!

There on there way to lyris over msn now so should be up soonish!

paulfoley said:
Thanks Lyris

Basically then we can confirm the following works well so far :

VGA - 1360x768 1:1 mapping (Cheers Roost)
HDMI - 480P (60hz) 576P (50hz) *

Come on then guys we neen more test results, looking for :

720P & 1080i tests at both 50 & 60hz via HDMI & component ?

:thumbsup:

Oooohhhhhh the anticipation :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Mine isn't - everything is output native.

I'm just going to go mad on DVDs and games and music etc. for the next month, and then it'll be fun!

As I said I'll keep you all informed!

Roost said:
I've just taken some pics of the TV itself a couple with a madagascar hd trailer running and then 2 of the connections. The connections pics are a bit blurry, sorry about that but i was in a bit of a rush heh :)

Remember i haven't touched a single setting other than country and the clock so it will be very easy to get it looking better than this!!

There on there way to lyris over msn now so should be up soonish!

The HD Madagascar pics... how was the TV running?.... PC connected via VGA Sub? and at what desktop resolution?

Just phoned up, 3 to 4 weeks and then I'll get a phone call about delivery. Sounds promising!

(Fingers Crossed)

Pics from Roost:

tv.jpg

backpanel.jpg

Bigger pic of desktop: http://www.lyris-lite.net/upload/samsung_lcd/IMG_0738.jpg

Bigger pic of Madagascar HD trailer: http://www.lyris-lite.net/upload/samsung_lcd/IMG_0738b.jpg

I'm typing this on the display right now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom