Samsung LE32R41B Questions

Aidoscuz

Standard Member
Hi all

I'm looking at getting a new 32" HD LCD, probably the Samsung LE32R41B. I apologise if this has been all asked before, but I need to know a few things before I order.

Firstly, how does this LCD cope with Standard Definition TV? I don't have digital, just an analogue NTL Cable connection. This provides a pretty good signal so how will it look on an HDTV?

Also, my DVD player is a JVC XV-S302 (specs here), which is a bit old. It's got an RGB Scart connection, so will this be alright for the Samsung? Or would I need to upgrade to a new progressive scan player to get decent quality?

Thanks in advance

Raze

The Sammy is surprisingly good with analogue, just make sure the LNA (low noise amplifier) is switched on.

I would ditch the DVD player and get the Toshiba 150e it's only £39 online

Check out my review (see sig) :p

Aidoscuz

Standard Member
Thanks for the reply. That just about settles it then. I sould have a nice new Sammy in my house in a few days time :D Should be quite a step up from my crappy 20" CRT!

kRAyZZed

Standard Member
Raze said:
The Sammy is surprisingly good with analogue, just make sure the LNA (low noise amplifier) is switched on.

I would ditch the DVD player and get the Toshiba 150e it's only £39 online

Check out my review (see sig) :p
Little bit off-topic here but im ordering the Samsung atm after reading a fair bit on this forum, getting the xbox360 at launch on Dec2nd, now the xbox360 is supposed to be a progressive scan DVD player, now would it still be worth while me purchasing another dvd player?

Sicton

Standard Member
I would have thought Xbox 360 is going to have absolutely top notch DVD playback and there's no need to buy a separate DVD player.

Trending threads

Top Bottom