1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41B Possibly faulty

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by yoshi-1, Sep 18, 2005.

1. yoshi-1

yoshi-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I recently recieved my new Samsung LE32R41B from 24 electric. I plugged it in this afternoon and all seemed to be going ok. However now when i switch it on there is no picture whatsoever, just the balck sceen as though the set was off.

I see the red light flash and there is a slight audible noise and then the red light goes out. Acording to the manual this is the correct set of events for the screen to be on.

However when i press the menu button or try to do anything i get nothing at all on the screen. I do see the red light flash on the screen power button so it is recieving the signals from the handset.

I'm tempted to think the image is goosed, there doesnt seem to be any sound either for that matter. Hope i'm wrong as its been 6/7 weeks for it to arrive.

any help appreciated.

cheers

2. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Can you see the menu/access it by pressing the Menu button on the remote?

If you can't then it sounds like your TV has a very serious fault unfortunately and you'll have no choice but to ring your supplier and arrange for them to deliver a new one.

3. yoshi-1

yoshi-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply. As i mentioned in my previouse messaged........

'However when i press the menu button or try to do anything i get nothing at all on the screen'

Unfortunatly i'm of the opinion that you are correct about it being badly faulty. Regardless of any settings etc the menu should come up. In fact nothing comes up no matter what I do. I'll get in touch with 24electric in the morning.

:-(

4. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Don't want to appear to be "hi-jacking" your thread, but if I started a new one with the same title things would get a little confusing???

Had my television for just over a week now and very pleased with it apart from one thing.....

I was watching a DVD the other evening, connected via component for prog scan, when a row of white horizontal lines appeared across the screen.
    They weren't the same as the lines seen in the "tearing" thread, they were solid white ones that were static, and lasted about a second at most.
    Didn't think too much about it at the time, put it down to a "glitch" in the disc. Unfortunately these same lines appeared yesterday whilst watching another DVD. This time they stayed on the screen for about 10-15 seconds, giving me enough time to actually switch the TV off and on again to see if that cleared them....it didn't.
    They stayed on the screen another few seconds after switching on and then disappeared again.
    As I say, these lines were stationary, no movement at all, and filled up the middle "third" of the screen.
    Hasn't happened while watching either analogue or digital inputs, just the twice now whilst watching DVD's.
    Something to do with the progressive scan?
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

5. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    To me this sounds like it's been left in the PC mode without anything being sent to it. This is the one completely stupid design decision Samsung made with the set.

If you've got it in PC mode with no input, you'll get a blank screen when you turn it on, as it immediately kicks into its "power saving" mode.

If you hit the input button, or TV one, it should show everything again... if not, it's faulty. :(

6. mickymcd

mickymcd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    What warranty does samsung give with these sets one is on my shortlist when i see a decent price thanks. :thumbsup:

7. miketrim

miketrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Looks like mine is faulty too. Got a problem with Tuning at higher of the tuning frequencies

8. miketrim

miketrim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Did you phone 24e? If so what did they say