1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41B, possible fault. Anyone help?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by aftertaste, Aug 30, 2005.

1. aftertaste

aftertaste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I've had one of these sets for 11 days. Everything was fuine until yesterday, when I turned it on first thing in the morning and found the screen way over saturated. Flicking channels showed the problem more clearly: the screen was red - like a red transparent film had been placed over the picture.....so channels with no source on them (which should normally be black) looked a pinkinsh red.

I turned off the set a couple of times and it didn't help. A few minutes later the problem just disappeared on its own.

Now today it happened again, this time while it was turned on. Turning it off on the wall got rid of it.

Anyone know what this is, and if it's something I'm doing? Or is it a fault? I've read a lot of posts on this TV, and I've never read anything about this before.

Any help would be great.

2. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Have a read of my threads and perhaps you'll understand why I'm beginning to loathe the colour red!!! I've got a problem on my TV with red processing but it's going back tomorrow. However the growing number of people with problems on this set doesn't fill me with confidence for when I get my replacement set in two weeks... :(

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237818

3. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I am thinking that the repair route was the best choice, giving the fact that 5 people have reported thisw problem so far

4. aftertaste

aftertaste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    I'm so sick of modern TVs. I've had maybe 4 or 5 CRTs in my life, and only one of them broke (and that was after 8 years). Had the 50" Samsung DLP for the living room a few months back. It developed a major problem after a week. Now this problem with the Samsung LCD. It happened for a 3rd time today.

Turning it on and off a couple of times got rid of it again, but I am so so so so sick of all this crap. I really think I'm just gonna get a refund and buy a cheap CRT. These things (LCDs, Plasmas, DLPs), they're just not worth the hassle.

5. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This is what my one looks like now

Before & After Pics.......

Attached Files:

6. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31

That's a bit of an over-raction don't you think? There's duffers in every mass produced product. Think how many of these sets have sold during the past 2 months.

7. Fsheehan

Fsheehan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Mmmmn, the "after" picture looks very similar to what I got yesterday on my brand new set. Turned it on and after 5 minutes it did something very similar to the pic.

Is this through an analogue terrestrial source? Does it do it very often? It did something similar to that pic where the video just completely faded away until all I can hear is the audio. Is this what happens to yours when it does this?

I had it plugged into a crappy portable indoor aerial and thought that this might be causing the problem, I haven't experienced it through the internal digital freeview tuner as yet though.

8. aftertaste

aftertaste

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    garciag5 -- yours has exactly the same problem as mine, although yours is slightly worse. But mine is getting worse every day, so perhaps mine will look like yours soon.

And this is definitely not a "source" problem, cos it happens on DVDs, Sky, video games (through every type of connection this TV has). Actually, it even happens on channels with no source, where the screen should be jet black. Now mine is pinky/red most of the time.

9. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes, it does get worse and worse - and it happens with all sources ... waiting for mine being picked up for repair

10. Fsheehan

Fsheehan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Is yours like that all the time or does it only happen every so often? I've noticed that the vent on top of the telly gets quite hot. Is there supposed to be a fan in there somewhere? If so, it's either 1. very very quiet, 2. there isn't one or 3. it is not working. Was just trying to figure out possible causes.

Will give it a good workout tonight to see if I can reproduce the same thing. Does your's fade out as well until you can't see the picture on the screen and can just hear the audio? I just don't want to find that it's ok now and it will just keep coming back in the near future.

11. ThePimpmaster

ThePimpmaster
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This problem is really bad, I would call Samsung right away. You'll probably get a new set. Like someone said, this TV is one of the hottest on the block (selling by the bucketload) and its logical people will get bad sets. If you sell thousends sets, and 20 have problem, you will have 200 sets with problemswhen you sell 10000.

12. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    This was happening on and off last Sunday, and has been like this all the time now since Monday - I called Samsung on Wednesday and waiting for an engineer to pick it up. I will be happy with either repair or a new set, as I was very happy with the tv until this happened.

No fading on my TV. It's just like in the picture.

13. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    Sweet Jesus! :eek:

My TVs fault was absolutely nowhere near as bad as that. From a distance the picture looked fine except you could still see odd contrasts on the faces and dark pixel patches along contours.

14. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well mine did get progressivly worse within the space of 24 hours.

Was yours picked up yesterday?

15. Doctor Hades

Doctor Hades

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +308
    No unfortunately so I wasted a day's holiday. I ended up having to come home from work again today but thankfully the TV has now been picked up and is on its way back to TribalUK. They've told me that I won't get my replacement until the 12th September at the earliest.