Samsung LE32R41B PIP question

handsy

Established Member
Reaction score
I have one of these Sammy 32" beauties, but was a bit disappointed when I found out the PIP function is limited to HDMI and PC inputs only (of which I have neither currently) :(

Is this the norm for PIP ? Never had PIP before so thought I'd ask.

Also, I've noticed some slight colour bleed with reds and oranges....not too much but thought I'd see if anyone had any tips on how to fix ?

Ta :)

Not True ... You can do PIP with pretty much any source, there are just certain restrictions on the size and position depending on the inputs used.

I use PIP sometimes when there is something on TV while I am playing BF2.

I think you can only use HDMI and PC for PBP (Picture by Picture) ...

I beg to differ, do you have one of these TVs ?

Also, you've quoted an example of using PIP with your PC ! My question is really saying, why can't I watch a DVD via Component and call up Sky in my PIP box ?

The LE32R41B is restricted to using PIP with one of the inputs having to be HDMI or PC.

I have the 26" version......

I was watching some TV using my freeview box via SCART, while at the same time playing BF2 on my PC.

Sorry I really need to learn to read all the words on a post, what you are saying is the in PIP mode one of the inputs has to be either HDMI or PC, yes in that respect you are correct, I stand corrected.

Bit crap really , but never mind.....

:suicide:

Rather disappointed about what I have just read here. I have purchased one of these partly on the basis of getting PIP. I rather assumed that this meant two common or garden TV channels, but obviously not. I want to be able to watch one channel while keeping an eye on what's coming up on another channel. I used to have this over 10 years ago (provided as a facility in a VCR) but the whole concept seemed to go out of fashion, can't understand why.
What if I provide a TV channel via a TV card in my PC - will it work then ?

Tony

andrewfee said:
to try it out when I got it. It was well implemented there, but I couldn't quite see the point.

I suppose in these days of PVR's where you can start watching something after it has started then keeping an eye on another channel is not so important.

Tony

tdenson said:
I suppose in these days of PVR's where you can start watching something after it has started then keeping an eye on another channel is not so important.

Tony
Yeah, I guess you're right. I don't have a PVR (have been thinking about one though) but I either wait until the one I'm watching is done, or check the time and flick over and wait. ;)

There are boxes you can buy for about £130 that'll take in any two SCART inputs and give you PIP functionality. Probably works better than any television would (more processing power I'd imagine) and there might even be cheaper boxes than that.

Here's a starting point if you want to look around. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom