1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41B or Acer 3201

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Steviemacca, Jul 31, 2005.

1. Steviemacca

Steviemacca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone out there seen both working and advise which they think is the best. Having looked through the forums I'm very confused. Most important thing for me will be HDTV and picture quality.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help given.

Steviemacca

2. Bigice

Bigice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would like an answer to this question too, i think the acer doesn`t display ntsc and if this is the case then i am off to buy the samsung.

3. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Seen both working, the Samsung was just OK on PQ but that may have been down to the signal feed in Currys, bought the ACER blind, but have to say on a strong signal using freeview the PQ is stunning, i have seen many large screen LCD TV's on show, but none have looked as good as the ACER 3201, also this model has DVI as opposed to the Samsung which has HDMI, although both are HDCP HD ready digital inputs, I prefer th ACER's DVI as I have this connected to my HTPC.

4. Bigice

Bigice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hay Xelon, can you tell me if you can display an ntsc signal?

I am dying to but this tv but no-one seems to be able to tell me if it can do ntsc or 60hz? I have even rang up acer themselves but they don`t even Know :thumbsdow

The reason i need to know is i want to put my xbox on this tv and display 720p, and to do this you need to put the xbox in ntsc mode for the options to be displayed in the dashboard.

Cheers for the help

Pete

5. Xelon

Xelon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Sorry, I don't have an XBOX, just a HTPC, I know the question has been asked many times before, surely someone has an XBOX connected to one of these panels, DABS sold about 260 of them in a few weeks!

6. mr-monday

mr-monday

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Can you adjust the backlight on the Acer?

7. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it true that the Samsung sets do not support 720p @ 50Hz? This is the only thing putting me off buying one. I seem to be getting mixed replies depending on where I ask.

8. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026

well if its got a 'hd ready' logo, it has to support 720p at 50 and 60Hz, and 1080i at 50 and 60Hz.