Samsung LE32R41B - Optimal Settings for sources Thread

S

SaTTaN

I've had my LE32R41B (no Freeview) for a couple of weeks now (Argos, next day delivery... not the cheapest but had an easy option to send it back if I wasn't happy - and they delivered it less than 24 hours after I ordered the set!

I've done a fair bit of tweaking to get the best picture from my Sky+ box.. and thought it would be a good idea to setup a split thread that refers JUST to the optimal settings for each source - if people post their settings we can try them out and come up with a summary of the best settings for people to try.

Quality will vary with Sky depending on the channel - and Sky seem to vary the quality drastically - compare Channel 5 home & away with say anything on men & motors ! - totally different, also cable quality/type too - so if you post be sure to post your connection type

Please keep this thread on-topic and don't let it become a 200 page monster ;)

I'm currently watching everything in 'movie' mode (but settings could be copied to any other mode - I'm just lazy whilst I'm adjusting)

Standard Sky+ Box
Sky+ Box set to RGB mode
connected to LCD AV1 (RGB)
Using a decent-ish fully wired SCART cable (cost approx £40 5 years ago)

Movie Mode
Contrast: 80
Brightness: 55
Sharpness: 85
Colour : 50
Tint <disabled?>
Colour Tone: Warm2
Size: Auto-Wide
Digital NR : Off (seems to be mainly aimed at crappy RF sources)
DNIe Demo: Off
My Colour Control
Easy Control : Standard
Detail Control : Pink/Green/Blue all 50
Dynamic Contrast : Off
Brightness Sensor : Off

All the Sky+ menus seem pretty sharp, no shimmering

Viewing from about 7' at head-height. (currently in a lamp-lit room but is pretty much the same during the day time.

This seems to work ok for all sources and I'm very happy with the picture quality, I'm going to try some more tweaking, and I should be taking delivery of a SCART-Component cable sometime this week (from this guy on ebay http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZmostwantedQ2dproducts)

One thing I do notice at this brightness level is that the right 1/3rd of the screen seems a shade or 2 darker - there is a clear line where it starts - not sure if this is a 'feature' of LCD's (like the line in CRT's) or a fault?

Feel free to contribute your settings....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom