Samsung LE32R41B (...continued) "Tearing" Posts only

digitalwolf said:
I have a brand new le26r41BDX.

How can I test it out on HD to see if I have the tearing problem?

I have access to a HD satellite receiver that will connect up to TV via component so are there any channels on Astra1/Hotbird that transmit will cause tearing?

Does the satellite receiver output a 50Hz picture signal or 60Hz since the tearing issue is only visible on 720p - 60Hz sources.

Eiji83 said:
Does the satellite receiver output a 50Hz picture signal or 60Hz since the tearing issue is only visible on 720p - 60Hz sources.

the tearing is only a problem if your connected with component cables and running 720p resolution @60hz, it wont affect you otherwise.

and the Fix is Very easy to apply should you end up with a screen with old firmware.

just for info got my 32rbdx yesterday new batch form waratah but it has the old
firmware. rung samsung for the kit etc waiting there response.

How do you find out what firmware the TV has?

How can I show the tearing fault up? I have an Xbox and PS2, any of these cause it to happen?

digitalwolf said:
How do you find out what firmware the TV has?
As others will no doubt get arsey/lazy/delete as appropriate:

To get into the service menu do the following.

TV in Standby.
Press Info
Menu
Mute
Power

It will give you firmware date.
To get out of the service menu press power.

Don't change anything in there though.

How can I show the tearing fault up? I have an Xbox and PS2, any of these cause it to happen?[/QUOTE]
Only if the Xbox is modded.

digitalwolf said:
I have a brand new le26r41BDX.

Also my TV makes a high pitched noise when I standby, usually when it is quite hot,then after a few mins it will turn off. Anybody know why? Anybody else experiencing this?

Only when the screen is on, my now infamous buzzing! Do you mean when you standby the TV or when the TV is in standby?

thelurch said:
Only when the screen is on, my now infamous buzzing! Do you mean when you standby the TV or when the TV is in standby?
I don't get a buzzing noise, but a pulsing noise when using the internal freeview tuner :confused:

simonthepieman said:
just for info got my 32rbdx yesterday new batch form waratah but it has the old
firmware. rung samsung for the kit etc waiting there response.
Got mine yesterday also, I'm assuming it's old firmware because having watched The Incredibles via Xbox component at 720p its tearing, not all the time just every now & then. If I change the screen from wide to zoom & back it seems to go.

**EDIT** just checked it's got a date of May 05, old firmware then?
I thought people who had this problem, had it constantly when using 720p at 60hz? Mine only does it every now & then.

I have read all this thread and mine is the old may firmware as yours
bignige
No same day response from samsung as yet, the lady i spoke to was susanne
said some one would call me back but she took the useual details
and did ask me if i could update myself, which of course i replied yes
So maybe they will just send a kit out?????????

simonthepieman said:
I have read all this thread and mine is the old may firmware as yours
bignige
No same day response from samsung as yet, the lady i spoke to was susanne
said some one would call me back but she took the useual details
and did ask me if i could update myself, which of course i replied yes
So maybe they will just send a kit out?????????
Gave them a ring, bloke on the end of the phone new exactly what I was on about, he said someone will phone me back, but took my address & email as he said it would either be posted or emailed!
He did mention, I should be using 50hz and not 60, but I told him it says in the manual it works with 60hz.

Anyone else have problems with the flash ??

...I get to the point where I connected to the Samsung and it just stays at 'trying to connect'

I'm using the right COM port and everything is hooked up ..

Cheers,
Adam

Monty1977 said:
Anyone else have problems with the flash ??

...I get to the point where I connected to the Samsung and it just stays at 'trying to connect'

I'm using the right COM port and everything is hooked up ..

Cheers,
Adam

Ignore me...what a plank - helps if it's connected to the service socket and not the headphone jack :oops:

Works great!
Adam

Just out of interest, the screw next to the service socket, is anybody elses just hanging in the hole? Mine won't tighten, looks like somebody over screwed it & broke the thread.
Also, it was a real tussle trying to fit the 5 component sockets as the hole were all misaligned with the plate that tells you which socket is which.

mines sat in the service port nicely. looks like bad quality control lol

Re my rca sockets they seem to be too far in. i.e not enough of the scoket sticking out,they do work but it seems the whole socket plate is too far in the casing does
anyone else have the same problem? Anyone taken the back off to see if there is a easy fix ?
i would say the plate is also slightly misalined ie the scokets are not central to the cut outs but not by much.

thelurch said:

It buzzes when on, and then when I standby it,but only for a bit. And then it seems to die out.

digitalwolf said:
My firmware is 8th August 2005.

Is this the latest?

Nope.... its August 22nd you need

digitalwolf said:
It buzzes when on, and then when I standby it,but only for a bit. And then it seems to die out.

Again Im still not sure by your wording, I take that to mean that it buzzes while the TV is on showing a programme but then when you put it into standby the sound goes? Is this correct? :confused:

thelurch said:
Again Im still not sure by your wording, I take that to mean that it buzzes while the TV is on showing a programme but then when you put it into standby the sound goes? Is this correct? :confused:

Ok, The TV buzzes when displaying a picture, and then it still buzzes when I put it in standby, but for the first few minutes after it has been put in standby, it is noisier,and then it quietens down.

Understand?

thelurch said:
Nope.... its August 22nd you need

So basically I ring them up and say my RGB picture is awful (it's not great) can you send me the firmware pack.

How do I contact, Samsung CS or Samsung Technical Support?

digitalwolf said:
So basically I ring them up and say my RGB picture is awful (it's not great) can you send me the firmware pack.

How do I contact, Samsung CS or Samsung Technical Support?

It's got nothing to do with RGB. The tearing issue occurs when using the 720p/60Hz option over component. Upgrading the firmware is not going to change the quality of the RGB input.

digitalwolf said:
Ok, The TV buzzes when displaying a picture, and then it still buzzes when I put it in standby, but for the first few minutes after it has been put in standby, it is noisier,and then it quietens down.

Understand?

sounds like it might be something to do with the built in power supply thingy, all those transistors and capacitors and thingymajigs. call samsung!

Another thing I've noticed is the picture is worse when setting the sky box to RGB.
RGB on & I have a stripey picture.
RGB off (PAL) and the image is so much better - still not great though & as said before, nowhere near as good as the RGB image on my Asda Dual!
Any ideas?

marcus25 said:
sounds like it might be something to do with the built in power supply thingy, all those transistors and capacitors and thingymajigs. call samsung!

I don't think that it is the power supply. It's not a buzz you would expect from a power supply, it's more like a fan with a bit of a buzz.

Then when I turn it off, it makes a very quite noise, sounds like a kettle boiling.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom