1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32R41B 32" " Green Fuzzing"

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by RealM, Oct 21, 2005.

Tags:
  1. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have a Samsung LE32R41B 32" and recently every 20 mins or so the picture goes green and fuzzy. I have to turn it off for 5 minutes and turn it back on. It is annoying me a great deal. When rang up to complain they told me that it was the 5.1 speakers too close to the TV? So i removed them and turned my tv off from the plug over night and it seemed to be fine the next day but low and behold it is happening again. Any ideas??

Cheers,
    Adam

2. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I think they are fobbing you off mate. As far as im aware LCDs are not affected by non magnetically shielded speakers. (i thought this was CRTs only?)
    In any event, you have ruled it out as the cause. What do you have connected? Have you tried changing inputs when it happens etc?

If it is definately the LCD and not any of your source equipment/cabling, then you could have a duff one. Shouldnt be any problems getting it swapped, just dont let them fob you off again.

3. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just have a sky+ box and dvd on the same scart. The thing is though they knew what it was straight away when i told them the problem and also it did work for a day which is strang. Also the problem never occured until about 2 months of using the TV.

4. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Sounds like there could be a fault with it. Try plugging the DVD player in on its own input, then when it happens again when your watching Sky, try playing a DVD. At least that way you can confirm its nothing to do with anything else your using.

5. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, thanks for you help.

6. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Right just tried hooking up the DVD player to the other scart socket using a different scart lead and still the same problem. Am i the only one with this problem or has anyone else experienced it?

7. Digitised

Digitised

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    ive had nightmares with LCD panels and green pixels etc
    A laptop had to go back twice for repair (i claimed a refund on the second occasion) because the screen went green from time to time.
    And my current philips 9986 has green pixels in HD modes so that needs fixing too.

As far as im concerned green pixel faults are a problem with your panel.
    Get them to replace your whole set, its the only surefire way of avoiding it. My laptop had a screen replacement and a few months later the same fault occoured on its newly replaced screen (samsung branded laptop).

good luck and dont give in to fobs!

8. Digitised

Digitised

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    we are talking fuzzy green with some pink yes? like 90%/10%?

9. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Sounds very similar to the problem I've been having with my LCD; does it look anything like this?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

If so, then this is a hardware fault. My set was just picked up again today for this issue.

10. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yea very simular but it is all green instead of blue, red and green. The only problem is i dont have the box anymore. Do you think they will still fix it without the box? I have only had the screen for about 2/3 months.

11. TankTopLover

TankTopLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    You only have to keep the box for 2 weeks.They have to replace it or fix it,its under guarantee.Call them and let us all know what they say.Do not take any crap. :lesson:

12. RealM

RealM
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for everyone's help, I just phone up empire direct where i bought the TV from and they gave me Samsung's number. So i have to phone them up on Monday and apparently they will sort the problem out. Will keep you informed.