samsung LE32R41 or Philips32pf7520d

C

carnelian

please help - upgrading from crt and want to be as future proof as possible. Have researched to best of knowledge but is philips pixel plus really anybetter than samsung picture technology? Am told samsung use the same screens as panny and sony - true?

The man in the shop said 'virtual dolby' doesnt exist and to ignore so therefore is there a difference in the sound? If I can get to grips with the leads I am planning to hook the tv up to the bose anyway.

Would be grateful for guidance on which one is really better for TV viewing and which one has better connectivity. many thanks

After spending what seemed like an eternity trawling through different reviews etc. I shortlisted my choice of 32" LCD down to exactly the two you have.
I ended up going for the Samsung due to it's connectivity choices and the lack of decent advice from Philips themselves.
I have had my television for two weeks now and am more than happy with my purchase. Analogue reception is better than my old CRT, and digital (via the inbuilt Freeview tuner) is superb, bearing in mind I live in an area where Freeview is not available apparantly!!
DVD via component is brilliant.
The set itself is also a very good looking piece of kit.
The Philips is a very nice looking set and has had good reviews and is well thought of by its owners, it really was a tough decision to make. But I rang Philips technical assistance twice regarding connectivity issues, and was met with two different answers to the same question. It just made me wary of what would happen if I had a real problem with this set.

Smiffy 2 said:
After spending what seemed like an eternity trawling through different reviews etc. I shortlisted my choice of 32" LCD down to exactly the two you have.
I ended up going for the Samsung due to it's connectivity choices and the lack of decent advice from Philips themselves.
I have had my television for two weeks now and am more than happy with my purchase. Analogue reception is better than my old CRT, and digital (via the inbuilt Freeview tuner) is superb, bearing in mind I live in an area where Freeview is not available apparantly!!
DVD via component is brilliant.
The set itself is also a very good looking piece of kit.
The Philips is a very nice looking set and has had good reviews and is well thought of by its owners, it really was a tough decision to make. But I rang Philips technical assistance twice regarding connectivity issues, and was met with two different answers to the same question. It just made me wary of what would happen if I had a real problem with this set.
Hello.
You and I seem to be the only ones who have fantastic pic quality on our Sammys. :confused:
I was feeling lonely up until now..Thanks :D

thanks guys - it is baffling out there and what with pixel plus technology from philips and the Hidme from samsung I was getting confused. Good to know the sammy is doing ok - I dont even know what tearing is and wonder if it will happen to me! cheers

carnelian said:
I dont even know what tearing is and wonder if it will happen to me! cheers

If you are just going to use the TV to watch DVD's and broadcast programmes I don't think it will bother you. It hasn't happened on mine.
I think this problem only rears it's head if you are playing games via an XBOX but it all got a bit technical for me :confused: :confused:

As I say, I have no regrets on purchasing mine.
The only slight problem I have had was when I first got it, I was watching a DVD via component input and had a row of horizontal lines appear on the screen for a brief moment. I thought it might have been something to do with the progressive scan or a glitch in the actual DVD but I haven't managed to get these to reappear and haven's seen them since.
Rob

hi spoke to guy today who deals with both philips and samsung re the spare parts and he says the samsung are better for customer service based on that experience - quicker to respond and the like.

My samsung seems ok but on a footie game there is a bit of 'blocking' around the players as they move - the pixels seem to move and the sharpness isnt good. The picture is not that sharp on some programmes and wonder if it is cos they are old rather than the tv (it was miami vice!) I wonder if it is the set or the broadcast in that event. Hard to tell. Also it is a 32 inc and I am about 6ft away - too close perhaps?

carnelian said:
The picture is not that sharp on some programmes and wonder if it is cos they are old rather than the tv (it was miami vice!) I wonder if it is the set or the broadcast in that event. Hard to tell.

Can confirm it's not your TV that's the problem.
:smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom