Samsung le32m87bd - Speed

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by killabyte, Sep 20, 2007.

Tags:
  1. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    right, i just got my replacement TV on monday and found out that my TV is much slower then the other one i had, can anyone answer my questions

Questions:

1. How long does it, approx in seconds, for the TV to load up? (the TV is off you press on, how long does it take to display the picture)

2. How long does it take to change a channel? (say u got it on BBC1 and want to switch to BBC2 by pressing the Up Button)

3. Do you recieve ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5??

4. How long does it take to switch from Source channels (i.e. Ext1, HDMI, Component) to DTV channels?

please please answer these questions

thank you

2. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    anyone???

3. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    bump...

4. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    can someone please help....i'll answer my questions and can someone tell me if there something wrong with my TV cause i think there is

1. How long does it, approx in seconds, for the TV to load up? (the TV is off you press on, how long does it take to display the picture)

A. this takes about 55 seconds for the tv to come on, is this normal?

2. How long does it take to change a channel? (say u got it on BBC1 and want to switch to BBC2 by pressing the Up Button)

A. this takes about 10 seconds for the channel to change, is this normal?

3. Do you recieve ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5??

A. i dont receive these channels, dont know why but i dont, is this normal?

4. How long does it take to switch from Source channels (i.e. Ext1, HDMI, Component) to DTV channels?

A. this takes around the same time of the tv to come on, so it's around 55 seconds, is this normal??

someone please help me, my tv is very slow, is this normal for a samung tv?

5. Mosschop

Mosschop
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like your TV is knackered - should only take about 3 or 4 seconds to power up and a second or two to change channel/source.

6. paulr2006

paulr2006
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,506
    My LE40M86 takes 4 to 5 seconds to come on screen, a couple of seconds between channel changes & same between sources, so you do have a problem!

The lack of channels could simply be down to your Aeriel or you may need to do another channel scan, I assume you mean on Digital TV?

7. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    yes, its digital tv, well i guess i'll have to replace my replacement tv with another replacement.....this is a headache.....first problems with a HDMI port and now this.....

8. Mike CTR

Mike CTR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12

Hi

I have the same issues as you.

On my 2nd set now.

I can lose all ITV and CH4 channels. It says I have no signal. I can then turn the tv off on Standby, press 3 and then get all the channels back. If I change the channel (e.g to bbc1) then change back to ITV, it says I have no signal again.

Nothing wrong with my digital signal as I've got a crappy Sagem freeview box which cost me £20 which works fine, no issues at all with signal! I would expect a better freeview tuner in a TV that cost £800!!

Also have issues when turning the tv on with the remote. Sometimes the red button on the tv flashes about 4-5 times then turns on. Sometimes it won't flash at all and I wonder if I've pressed the button properly, for the tv to then come on about 5 seconds later.

I think this one will be going back to JL as well.

It's a P5 with firmware 1007 so another early one. I think JL have some old stock unfortunately but I'm gonna ask if I can swap it for a more updated version (i.e.P7 or P8).

Mike

9. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    currys are stupid, i went to return the TV 2day and they said because this is a replacement tv, they cannot replace it again, they said that i have to go through a engineer, he will try to fix the problem and if he cant then currys will replace it.......how can an engineer fix the speed of a tv, i dont think a firmware update will fix this problem....currys are a very stupid company....also this TV is very crap, i am gettin to many faults with it, wished i never purchased it

10. Curly99

Curly99
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,255
    unfortunately for you Curry's aren't being as you say "Stupid" you have already had a replacement, so all they are saying is we want an engineer to have a look, it might not be firmware could be one of the boards, anyway give the engineer a chance you never know he might authorise a replacement.

Curly

11. killabyte

killabyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    okay, i'll let the engineer take a look but you have to take in to consideration that i have bought this tv like 3/4 weeks ago and keep recieving problem after problem, thats why i am frustrated