samsung le32m61b sound quality

jpb82

Novice Member
unfortunately i have not got the room for a 5.1 set up so its extra important
i find an lcd that not only has a fantastic picture but also sounds really good.
the lcd in really interested in is the samsung le32m61b.

if anybody has had any experiences with this model could you please let me know what the sound quality is like.

thanks

TarMoo

I saw a 32M61 today and compared with the 32 LCD Panasonic 500. Picture quality was OK, but some green horizontal lines shown on the background the ITV studio news readers. In some instances the picture looked better than the Panasonic, but when the image panning it tended to show up imperfections which went away when the background was stationary.

Not bad, but not as good as I was hoping for. Having seen some jaw dropping picture quality on Panasonic and Pioneer Plasmas this week at another demo, I don't think I will be splashing out £1300 for the M61.

The new Panasonic 60/600 Series LCD and Plasmas are due out in a few weeks. I think I will go for one of these.

clockworks

Novice Member
I don't think you'll find an LCD TV with a good sound system. Problem is, the cases are too small to fit decent speakers. Decent CRT TVs have a lot more space, and sometimes include a "subwoofer" in the back of the cabinet, or in the stand.

Do you have a normal stereo in your room? You'll get much better sound if you connect the audio out phono sockets on the TV to the aux or line-in sockets on your stereo. If you don't have a stereo, how about getting a decent stereo micro system (Denon , Onkyo, etc), or a 2.1 "lifestyle" AV system?
A £300 micro will sound a lot better than a 5.1 system at the same price, and it'll fit into your room easier.

V

Vallyboy

jpb82 said:
unfortunately i have not got the room for a 5.1 set up so its extra important
i find an lcd that not only has a fantastic picture but also sounds really good.
the lcd in really interested in is the samsung le32m61b.

if anybody has had any experiences with this model could you please let me know what the sound quality is like.

thanks
Had a quick look at the spec and it seems to be the same system as in the R41 system which i have with the same power output 2+10 watts.

I find it a very good clear sound system, decent bass and has plenty of power as mine is usually set on something like 15 and goes to at east 50 I think, whatever for small speakers they can blast the sound out.

Whatever the blurb it cannot compare with a true 5.1 sound with a sub, but unless you get a very high end unit with NTX speakers and the like. the sound is as good as it gets I suspect.

As for fantastic picture Hi Def yes, Sky SD, sometimes excellent, sometimes crap, you are talking state of the art LCD, and that is the state of the art as of now.:)

jpb82

Novice Member
thanks for the advice clockworks
my stereo does not have the connections you mentioned so i will have to buy
another one. ive just had a look and found this denon system
could someone look at the rear panal and tell me if this is good enough.

thanks

Attachments

• draf101rear_800x275.jpg
    draf101rear_800x275.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 82

clockworks

Novice Member
Yes, that'll work. You can use any of the inputs for your TV, except for "phono" - that's for a turntable.

Doesn't your existing stereo have any spare inputs at all?

jpb82

Novice Member
i was jumping the gun a little.
my stereo does have the inputs required
ive just connected my speakers to the stereo
and connected the stereo the the tv and it does work.
the only problem is the stereo and the speakers are quite old so they dont sound great so i will still have to buy a new stereo and speakers.

thanks for yor help:clap:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom