• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE32B551A6WQXU Firmware Question

UKseagull

Standard Member
Hi folks,
I've just taken delivery of a new Samsung LE32B551A6WQXU and as far as I can see it's the same as a B550, just a few cosmetic differences. It shows up on the Samsung Baltic web site but not the UK site as an LE32B551.

The firmware on the TV at the moment shows as being 2009/10/07_002003, it looks as though there's an update on the Baltic site but the firmware code looks a bit different. FM/200910/20091030222436890/T-CHL5DEUC.exe

Naturally I don't want to risk knackering my new set but I just wondered what the benefit would be in upgrading the firmware?

I see that there's an option to upgrade the firmware over the aeriel, that might be the safest option?

Unfortunately I can only play MP3's and photos from the USB, now if it could also play divx ..... hmmm. :)

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom