Samsung LE32B550 Pc Connection Sound Issue

N

noodlesuk

Hi Guys

I had a quick search and couldn't see anything specific to the LE32, hope this hasn't been answered before!

I have a Samsung LE32B550, which is connected up to my PC. I have a lead from the second DVI ouput on my PC connected via a DVI to HDMI cable into HDMI socket 3 (Labelled HDMI/DVI). I then have the stereo sound output from my PC connected into the 3.5 stereo jack input next to HDMI socket 3 (labelled DVI audio). When selecting HDMI 3 as an input source I get a picture on the TV but no sound. It's very frustrating, according to the manual I have all the connections correct. If I connect headphones to the cable that feeds the TV (via a gender changer) I can hear sound, so am getting a signal. It's as if the TV is expecting audio over HDMI and ignoring the seperate stereo input. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help :)

Hopefully helps

You normally have to associate the audio in (TV PC) with the HDMI input as it is normally associated with the VGA connection by default.

Hopefully helps

You normally have to associate the audio in (TV PC) with the HDMI input as it is normally associated with the VGA connection by default.

Thanks for the tip, I couldn't see an option in the manual to associate the audio with the HDMI/DVI input. There are two seperate sound inputs, one next to the PC VGA and one next to the HDMI/DVI input, thought it would auto switch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just incase someone else has this issue, noticed that by default the sound settings need to be set to 'tv speakers' Instead of 'external' which it seems to default to when using HDMI3 and the sound input 3m cheers

Hi

I'm interested in this tv can you let me know what it's like please
can't find any info/review anywhere

Regards

Sorry, it's not actually my TV, was helping a friend install it. But It seems pretty decent, nice picture when running from a HD source, vivid colours. Sound is a little hollow though. It also only 50Hz which Is evident when running some PC games on it.

Thanks for that, do you know what it's like on freeview, I won't be
using it with an HD source in the short term.

ta

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom