• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE32b530 or Toshiba 32RV635

cptblubear

Standard Member
I have been doing some research on 1080p 32" for quite a while now and have around £350 to spend. I have found the samsung for £308 and tosh for £339. I'm just wondering which would be better.
Will be used mainly for pc screen and mostly sd films with a few hd films aswell as normal tv.
I have read that samsungs aren't good for pc's as sharpness can't be fully turned off but quite good for tv. Toshiba's can turn off sharpness which is good for text on pc so i'm leaning towards the tosh, and sd its supposed to be pretty good on it. but does anyone have any more info about either of them or an alternative.

thanks in advance

sworrall

hi bluebear, fraid i cant help with your post as im in a simialr boat at the moment looking for a 32" for our conservatory. Could I ask where youve seen the samsung for £305?

cptblubear

Standard Member
Also if you are only using it as a tv the samsung has better blacks, but i think im gonna go for the tosh because for pc the samsung sharpness can't be disabled making text very annoying to read

cptblubear

Standard Member
Ok so can only get the toshiba for £370 with postage and have recently found a Philips PFL7404H for £375. I have read some reviews on it and seems quite good, which one out of Toshiba and Philips would be better?

EDIT - sorry for triple post, decided on the samsung as I found a way to make it a good pc screen and for £308 seems like a good deal.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom