Samsung LE32B450

rick19011

Ex Member
Reaction score
Thinking about getting 1 of these, does anyone on here have 1 and if so could you write a quick review please?
Oh and quick question, will you see any difference in quality when playing a 720p video on a 720p screen compared to playing 720p video on 1080p screen?
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
720 on 720 should look better due to less scaling.

My girlfriend's got one of these, looks nice switched off. Firstly, the sound quality is poor and introducing any bass creates all sorts of creaking and vibration. Secondly it suffers from motion blur significantly more than my similarly priced Sony 32" which is not as good as my plasma which is not as good as my CRT. I notice it most with football and motogp. Thirdly it's difficult to get a picture that looks natural without being either washed out or ludicrously over blown. It also freezes occasionally for no reason and makes an incredibly annoying sound when you turn it on or off which I'm sure you can fix somehow without chucking it out of the window. One good thing is the level of picture adjustment which is comprehensive even though it fails to produce a decent picture. Having said that it's scaling of SD sources is pretty good and fairly noiseless without masking all the detail. Overall if it was my money (and it wasn't) I would get a Sony which while not perfect by any means, seems to tick more boxes more of the time. I would not go for a Panny 32 either because the black levels of the IPS panel are shocking by today's standards.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Thanks for the review , are there any 32inch lcd tvs that you would recommend for under 400GBP?
Might skip that sammy tv,
Cheers:)

Good review of the 32B450 on HDTVtest.

The review from this website was really good which is why I decided to buy one, I got rid of my Grundig 26" HDTV which was pretty awful to say the least. A TV with that many problems shouldn't be on sale in the first place. BTW I bought the LE32B450 for £289.99.

I'm new to the forums! :hiya:

The review from this website was really good which is why I decided to buy one, I got rid of my Grundig 26" HDTV which was pretty awful to say the least. A TV with that many problems shouldn't be on sale in the first place. BTW I bought the LE32B450 for £289.99.

I'm new to the forums! :hiya:

Hey,
Where did you get one for £289.99?

What's your (or anyone elses) opinion of this set?

The B450 range has an "owners' thread" here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/971872-samsung-b450-owners-thread.html

A glowing review:

Samsung LE32B450 / LE32B450C / LE32B450C4W Review

Another review, of the 26" version:

Samsung LE26B450 TV review - from the experts at whathifi.com

I bought an LE32B450C4W on Monday (to replace my old LE26R73BDX, which was sent for repair & then "lost":rolleyes:). [Still, the extended warranty / insurance paid for the replacement, & it's bigger & better than what I had before so it worked out good in the end]

I've got an Xbox 360 connected to HDMI 1 (initially used VGA), PS3 to HDMI 2, & Sky+HD to HDMI 3.

Still playing around with the settings, but so far I am impressed.

Had a session on the 360 last night, playing Halo 3 ODST, and it looked great. No noticeable input lag or ghosting.

Not played any games on it via the PS3 yet (although I'll be playing Uncharted 2 soon), but divx/xvid videos streamed from the PC to the PS3 look great.

I tried out the Terminator 2 BD too, and the TV did a good job (in my eyes) of taking the PS3's 1080p24 output.

Sky+HD looks good, although I need to fiddle a bit more to get skin tones looking more normal.

The sound is admittedly weak, although I'm used to that with Samsungs given that I had an LE26R73 before this new TV. Still, I just turn it up, or use an AV receiver.

The B450 range has an "owners' thread" here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/lcd-televisions/971872-samsung-b450-owners-thread.html

A glowing review:

Samsung LE32B450 / LE32B450C / LE32B450C4W Review

Another review, of the 26" version:

Samsung LE26B450 TV review - from the experts at whathifi.com

I bought an LE32B450C4W on Monday (to replace my old LE26R73BDX, which was sent for repair & then "lost":rolleyes:). [Still, the extended warranty / insurance paid for the replacement, & it's bigger & better than what I had before so it worked out good in the end]

I've got an Xbox 360 connected to HDMI 1 (initially used VGA), PS3 to HDMI 2, & Sky+HD to HDMI 3.

Still playing around with the settings, but so far I am impressed.

Had a session on the 360 last night, playing Halo 3 ODST, and it looked great. No noticeable input lag or ghosting.

Not played any games on it via the PS3 yet (although I'll be playing Uncharted 2 soon), but divx/xvid videos streamed from the PC to the PS3 look great.

I tried out the Terminator 2 BD too, and the TV did a good job (in my eyes) of taking the PS3's 1080p24 output.

Sky+HD looks good, although I need to fiddle a bit more to get skin tones looking more normal.

The sound is admittedly weak, although I'm used to that with Samsungs given that I had an LE26R73 before this new TV. Still, I just turn it up, or use an AV receiver.
Hi Tezcatlipoca,

can you tell me how you have set the B450for gaming? I'm suffering very lot ghosting...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom