Samsung LE32B450 vs Samsung LE32B450 vs Toshiba Regza 32AV615DB

Just a quick post to let you know my Tosh 615 arrived a few days ago.

Basically I was downgrading from a 42" 1080p Panny Plasma due to going for a Projector

anyway, all I can say is WOW :eek:

Blacks are BLACK. I thought Plasmas were supposed to be superior for blacks but this thing is proper BLACK with no lightbleed. I am also very impressed with the reflections....or should I say lack of :eek:

a very VERY good LCD especially considering the price

I hate to say it, but I am most impressed with current gen LCDs and I never thought I'd EVER be saying that.

Now £289.99.. it was 286.99 2 days ago!

The only thing that puts me off purchasing one of these babies is the lack of warranty.... only one year I believe through amazon!?

Now £289.99.. it was 286.99 2 days ago!

The only thing that puts me off purchasing one of these babies is the lack of warranty.... only one year I believe through amazon!?

i went for the john lewis deal on the toshiba, slightly higher model than this one, but 5 year warentee plus delivery £400

Richer Sounds have the Tosh in at £289 from next week - £318.90 with five year doobry.

Here

Dixons have this at £285,(32AV615DB) which works out around £276 with 3% cashback. Are Dixons really that bad? Explain?!

Last edited:
Dixons have this at £285,(32AV615DB) which works out around £276 with 3% cashback. Are Dixons really that bad? Explain?!

I thought you wanted a five year warranty?

I thought you wanted a five year warranty?

I do mate but wont pay stupid costs for one!

I like the upgraded model from JL at £399, BUT not seen many reviews for it. Is it a LOT better than the 32AV615DB?

EDIT- Richer sounds warranty is not that bad. BUT for an extra £80 I could have the upgraded one from John Lewis BUT is it worth it?

I think the phrase is "mealy-mouthed"! :rolleyes:

"Richer sounds warranty is not that bad"

£33 for five years?
:suicide:

I think the phrase is "mealy-mouthed"! :rolleyes:

"Richer sounds warranty is not that bad"

£33 for five years?
:suicide:

Fair point! BUT whats the difference between this TV and the John Lewis 'upgrade' (with 5 year warranty) at £399????

.....what he's talking about???????????????

Ok, im struggling to spot the differences between this at £399--- (with 5 year warranty) Buy Toshiba Regza 32AV633D LCD HD Ready Digital Television, 32 Inch online at JohnLewis.com

And this at richer sounds at £318.90 (with 5 year warranty) --- TOSHIBA 32AV615 at Richer Sounds - HI-FI Separates, Home Cinema, Speakers, MP3 DVD Portables, Plasma LCD, etc.

Does anybody know if the John Lewis one is a lot better or what?

***EDIT- IVE JUST CALLED TOSHIBA DIRECT AND THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THE PED STAND***

Last edited:
Hallelujah :clap::thumbsup:

sad to see the misuse of avforums like this, where are the mods who usually clamp down on this kind of stuff.

Hi. Have the handbags been put away now? :confused:

Friday afternoon hysteria ;)

Hi all,

Got a Toshiba Regza 32AV615DB online (delivered free) from Dixons last week for £288.99 for my daughters room, set-up was a breeze and HD is excellent well worth the money!

Going to pick the 615DB up from Asda this evening. Should be a good upgrade from the 22" Samsung 2232BW monitor I was using previously :)

Anyone able to compare the Samsung to the Toshiba yet?

Yes, see my previous posts on this thread. Having had both now for a few more weeks it really is a close call, the tosh I got for my dad looked great today in SD watching the athletics and my sammy is great too and at first I thought had the edge, now I am not so sure which just shows how close it is in SD.

The tosh has the illuminated badge which is a nice touch, and two scarts if you need them.

To be honest I don't think you can go wrong with either so It may be down to price

Hi i picked up the Tosh 32av635 today from asda for £270 :) with discount but returned my 26inch samsung 1080p tv as it devoleped a fault.

The tv is in the 8 year old's room for his xbox 360 as previously his 360 ran into the samsung at 1080p, so i thought that this tv was 1080i max but the tv displayed the xbox at 1080p??
On my 40inch samsung in my bedroom the xbox at 1080p is a black screen it must be set to 1080i to display
Is it capable of displaying 1080p as the xbox suggest's it does, can it dispaly the ps3 at 24hz?? aswell or is it downscalling the 1080p to 720p??
is there anyway to bring up a display that shows the resoultion thats running like my other samsung tv's do.

Other than that and setting the pic to be a bit better im well pleased with this tv for the kids bedroom, even though im technically downgrading from full hd to hd ready :)
although i doubt that he cares what it runs as long as it plays wwf games lol

any info would be greatly appreciated

cheers bri

I am looking at upgrading my 19" LCD on the conservatory to 32". A couple of questions

1) I will not have a seperate speaker systems (use the built in speaker on the TV). The Samsung I have is not great. Is the Tosh (or even Hitachi) better/worse/same?

2) So I can check if 32" will fit, can someone tell me the sizes (width and height) including the stand (I want to make a carboard cutout) of the above TV's.

I will only be connecting the sky box, Wii, and Popcorn Hour A-110 so I am not bothered about freeview (the signal is not great where I live anyway). I don't really want to spend more than £350. I also see that JL is selling a LG for £349 (out of stock at the moment)

thanks

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom