Samsung LE32A456C 32" LCD TV

rockdg

Standard Member
Hi
I hope you guys can help. I was going to purchase the Samsung LE32A456C 32" LCD TV from Dixons @ £369. It was only when i looked further into the spec that i noticed it only offered 720p. Now I am not sure if i should wait or pay extra for the 1080p. I don't have Sky HD or blueray at the moment so would the 720p be good enough for normal digital TV. Am I correct in thinking that the 1080p is only worh it if you have HD or blueray.
Many Thanks

P

peanuthead

Hi
I hope you guys can help. I was going to purchase the Samsung LE32A456C 32" LCD TV from Dixons @ £369. It was only when i looked further into the spec that i noticed it only offered 720p. Now I am not sure if i should wait or pay extra for the 1080p. I don't have Sky HD or blueray at the moment so would the 720p be good enough for normal digital TV. Am I correct in thinking that the 1080p is only worh it if you have HD or blueray.
Many Thanks
Pretty much yeah, also 1080p is only really noticeable apparently on a 32" set if you are sitting almost on top of the screen. If you are sitting like 5ft or more away then the difference is negligeable.
I've been reading reports that sd signals appear better with a 720p set rather than a 1080p.
The tv you are going for is the exact same one that i was, but i got swayed towards the sony v4000.
If you dont have HD sources then i would stick with 720p for now, then save your money for a while and then get a larger 1080p set further down the road, say 42" or something. But for now i would stick with your choice.. or the sony! :)

Hope that helps.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom