Samsung LE32A41B

mickbarlow

Established Member
Reaction score
I cant find any reviews anywhere, so is any good person willing to do a short piece of what this product can and cant do?

pcmcis and ursinho , i know youve both got one, so go guys:smashin:

many thanks

Hi,

This is big but there are too many things to say! (Sorry for my English)

LE-32A41 my first LCD TV.
Completely blind buy! Never seen it, just bought it. Moved to a new house and wanted a LCD TV.
After reviewing many models and was going to buy a Philips 30'' your list came up ''HDTV LCD's'' and the nightmare began!
I've got a friend working in a store. Asked him for a LCD TV 30'' - 32'' with DVI for 2.500€.
He said ''Just received a new 32'' set from SAMSUNG for 2.000€ what do you think?''
Review, manual, demo. But there were no review, no manual, no demo.
Why I bought it? Because it's 32'' with DVI, looks nice and finally got it for 1.890€!

Last Friday picked it up my self from the store. That was a really big box!
Went home, removed the old 21'' TV, cleaned the furniture that was going to host my new baby,
took a big breath and opened the box.
OMG!!!!! from this point, no words just a big smile!
Moved it from the box and gently placed it on the furniture. 2 connections were important at that moment, Power and Antenna.
Went on the couch, took a cigarette and pressed the power button.
There was a power on melody and then on the screen ''Plug and Play'' That looks familiar!!!!
You need to select:Country,language, set time, and your input type, Antenna,Cable,or SAT.(I think it was SAT)
Then an automatic scan is performed giving you time to ask your self again ''Isn't that the most beautiful thing I have ever seen? Yep, it sure is!''
The scan takes some time but the outcome is very good. Didn't have to fine tune not even one channel.
Then you have to sort the channels. That part was fun! Enter the menu and see the list with the channels. Select the channel you want, move it right, then up or down to the number you prefer. Then again move it left and you are done!

Inputs: TV, 2xscart, Video, S-video,DVI, PC(D-sub).
Audio inputs: Video and S-video share the same audio RCA inputs, DVI has it's own RCA and PC has a mini jack you can connect your soundcard without having to convert it to RCA.
Outputs: 2xscart and headphones. I wanted my receiver to handle the sound and the only way I found was via scart. Used a Scart to RCA cable (1for video and 2x for audio) witch it worked although you get pure sound without the great EQ and SRS adjustments.

I would like first to say something about the build in sound. Amazing!! 5band EQ, SRS WOW that really works (made me look back several times searching for a speaker) clear sound and if you need deep sound bellow 100Hz Surprise! You got a sub out, were you can connect a sub! Options for this: volume and cut off frequency with many steps.

Picture. Now this is something interesting.
Let me begin with the picture options.
Auto wide,wide,panorama,zoom1,zoom 2 and 4:3.
You get all these in TV mode. Depending on the input you select you get the needed options
PIP but only one tuner. You can use it with any other input.
I'm not using SAT or Cable just old fashioned Antenna feed. I was expecting the image to be bad but it's not.
using right now my internal antenna I can say I'm happy with the image. Strong channels are great but can't say that weak channels are terrible. I think it all comes to the way you adjust your set. Too much contrast, incorrect sharpen settings and brightness at the wrong level will make it terrible. Even though it's been a week I didn't have time to make the final picture adjustment. Yesterday I was watching Ice-Skating and had to adjust brightness and disable DNIe. There were more details on the ice that I could handle but the move of the athlete was nice detailed with very good reaction to moving picture.
I will need some time to get used to this 32'' Screen. I'm rather close (3 meters) and used to have 21'' screen before. Everything is large and the eyes need time for that kind of change.

In PC mode you will have no problem adjusting the picture the way you want. You can move the image up,down,left,right, play with contrast and brightness but there
is always the ''Auto adjust'' option that does a great job.
Remember! you can use only the VGA cable (D-sub) @1360x768 at 60Hz. Watching your system booting and switching through modes until the windows desktop appears is fun. The image is always in full screen and within the borders in all modes witch makes it great to work even if adjusting your PC's bios without having to move the image left or right every time.
Gaming is excellent! Tried NFSU2 at 1024x768 (a little bit stretched but ok with me) and FarCry at 1360x768! Awesome! Not stretched, full screen image.
I think I will try Flight sim real soon.
Tried to use PC DVI to DVI. You get dos prompt, booting logo and then nothing. Didn't try it again but something tells me with the correct setting I should see something.

DVI=Excellent. Connected to my Yamakawa 375 DVD (witch I got cause it has an unlocked DVI port, play's everything and it's cheep) the image is amazing!
Found the best image at 720p@50 witch is not officially supported! (proof is included in the images bellow)
DNIe makes a difference but isn't always needed. While watching TV some times it gives more detail that you can handle!
With DVD's is great. Look at the picture that Demo is on. The difference is obvious!

About the pictures:
1)The furniture is 2 meters long
2)pictures can't give the actual image quality that this screen is capable of.
3)Download size 5,4Mb.
4)yes I'm from Greece.
5) http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=24CJT6515P6MA1H7ZHD1T1OVXB it will be there for a few days. SAMSUNG.zip

Overall a beautiful TV, great for the money, good picture and amazing sound at least for me.
Always demo before buying. For me it's ok without having previous experience with LCD TV's.

Please let me know if you need more specific details. I will try to get more pictures.

pcmcis

Thanks for that superb review pcmcis! It's a gorgeous looking set. I particularly like the black borders around the panel and the silver parts kept to the edges - too many TVs tend to overdose on silver and I've never been a fan of that.

It's very tempting and the price tag of about 1300GBP is palatable for a 32" set.

Only thing it hasn't got is an inbulilt DVB-tuner but when you can buy an external box for £50 who cares !!

I expect the interest in this set to be fairly high.

Hi,

This set sounds quite good and is now available from Argos (in case its a duffer :laugh: ).

Does it have component video in?

Thanks

I am also planning on buying this LCD-TV and I am interested in all types of comments that owners of it might have. If you own this TV please take your time to write a few rows here explaining what you like and do not like about it.

Dont think it has component input just dvi

You can get the instruction manual from one of the samsungs europeon websites and they dont show component inputs just two scarts d-sub and dvi the us version however has two sets of component inputs as that is what they use. thats what put me of it to.

Hey mate, could you please do us a favor and upload the file again. Unfortunately it gets delete after 25 downloads or 7 days and it looks like your file was quite popular ;)
http://s26.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=24CJT6515P6MA1H7ZHD1T1OVXB
Any updates on your Samsung LE32A41B? Still happy with it?
Do you use PIP at all? Anyone used it with a twin receiver to check PIP?
How many years warranty do you get from Samsung or the reseller? 24 months or more?

Thanks much for answering the above

great review pcmcis,

whats the problem with the pc input through dvi, does it not work at all? what video card do you have and have your tried playing with it yet?

Hi,

New link: http://s16.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3S9GG5GKOGCZ90Q77VOO122J95

Now that I got used to this size difference (used to have 21'') I'm very happy.
Warranty is 2 years. 3 dead pixels and up are supported by Samsung even though the store were I bought it said 1dead pixel !? (no dead pixels yet)
PIP is handy and I mostly use it while playing games and my girlfriend asks me all the time if her favorite show is on or not!
Tried HL2 at 1360x768 and was blown away! Will get some pictures.

Personally I'm very happy. Always depending on what you are looking for.
I know that it will serve me well for a few years. Things are always changing and always get better and better.
(example) In 2007 they say that OLED screens will be announced. Thinner, faster, less power consumption and more.
What will I do then when this technology will be old! Say that ''I need to have one of these'' and throw away my 4000€ TV!
Many friends warn me not to by a TV right now cause it's not the right time. Me, I only new I wanted a 32'' LCD TV. Made my choice and got this baby.
Anyway that's my thinking right now.

Again, review and demo before buying something. What is good for me, can be bad for you!

Thanks
pcmcis

mickbarlow

I have a 5700U, latest official Nvidia drivers and winxp pro sp1.
Connected to DVI does the following:
Dos prompt ok. Not centered but I have picture.
Windows boot logo ok.
When the windows welcome screen is about to appear I get nothing.
Seems like I'm using incorrect display settings, I hope!

I will give it a try again today and let you know.

pcmcis

must be a refresh rate issue, i know when i connect my 17 tft via dvi to my ATI radeon 9600, it defaults to 85hz which i doubt an LCD display will cope with.

Thanks pcmcis for a great review!

I am also thinking of buying this Samsung basically for it's realtion features/price.

One very important thing to me is the PC connection through DVI. In the manual says it is not supported, but I really hope this is not true...like the non support of 720p50.

I also have a Yamakawa375 and it is good to know they work together both fine:)

Hope you can get it to work and let us know!

Regards,
Jorge

Hi,

Tested yesterday and DVI works. :clap:
I was just too stupid leaving connected both the DVI and VGA ports at the same time. :oops:
It was detected at 1280x720. Font size and detail was fine but the windows desktop size was bigger than the TV screen.
You know, part of the image on every side was outside the screen.
I really won't use DVI connection with my PC but will try with PowerStrip and share the outcome.
Funny thing is that Nvidia driver detected Samsung's higher resolution as 19xxX1080 (xx= I don't remember the correct numbers)
I did try that res ,got image but the screen was not stable. Also TV's info detected both times the correct res.

Let's see.....

That's is ver NICE :thumbsup:

What if you try 1024x768, won't it get perfect?

The image with DVI connection must be considerably better having in mind that there is no need for Digital do Analog and A/D conversions...

In my Fujitsu Siemens P19A at work I tried both with the regular VGA connection and with DVI and I can see the difference, even though I can get higher refresh rates with the analog, in some situations I can see it is more "unstable"....

But you are right, it is a big trouble changing the DVI form the DVD to the PC all the time....it should have 2 :laugh:

Thank you, I think I am almost decided on buying the same screen, just wait a month more for more € :rolleyes:

Regards,
Jorge

pcmcis said:
Hi,

Tested yesterday and DVI works. :clap:
I was just too stupid leaving connected both the DVI and VGA ports at the same time. :oops:
It was detected at 1280x720. Font size and detail was fine but the windows desktop size was bigger than the TV screen.
You know, part of the image on every side was outside the screen.
I really won't use DVI connection with my PC but will try with PowerStrip and share the outcome.
Funny thing is that Nvidia driver detected Samsung's higher resolution as 19xxX1080 (xx= I don't remember the correct numbers)
I did try that res ,got image but the screen was not stable. Also TV's info detected both times the correct res.

Let's see.....

do you mean the desktop didnt quite fit on the display?

My dad gets the same problem on his Panny AE700 Projector, but that has a native resolution of 1280x720 not 1366x768.

Is the picture DEFINATLY perfect 1:1 pixel mapped?

Are you satisfied with the level of black from this TV, and does this TV perform well in fast moving scenes ?
I'm also from Greece. If you live in Athens can you say where you bought that TV from ?

I can't find any specs regarding response time of the panel of this lcd tv? Is ti 8ms?

thankx

@hrmes

Yep, I live in Athens and bought it from PadioAthinai.
About the speed on fast moving scenes I can ''It depends''.
I realized that it's not only the TV but also the channel.
example: Say you are watching one of our strong channels. The picture is great.
Frequently there are passing messages from the right to the left. Some of them are perfectly displayed and some of
them can't be read at all! What is happening? The TV is changing reaction time! No way.
I can say that playing games or watching DVD movies you will have no problem.

I was thinking if you are close to the V.P.(hope you understand this) of Athens we could meet for a coffee at and test it together.

Have also a few more pic's.VGA_DVI 4.5mb
http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZL5WX7ZXD2IS06G381AKSWJTR

DVI still has a few issues that I will describe maybe tomorrow.
Now I need to get back home and get some rest. ;)

that looks like 1:1 map to me.

whats the different#ce between Samsung LE32A41BX and Samsung LE32A41B ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom