1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung LE32 Saga

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by garciag5, Oct 28, 2005.

1. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thought I'd share the undbelievable bad luck i've had with my first LCD (Samsung LE32R51BX).

First placed the order of the TV with Pixmania on the 24th June when it was out of stock, to be in stock July 9th.
    Didn't ship until the second week in July.
    When received they shipped me the 26" version and not the 32". :mad:
    Asked them to ship me the correct one - they agreed but needed to wait until the wrong one was picked up.
    It took them 1.5 weeks to pick it up.
    When it was picked up i rang them the get the correct one shipped and I was told they had no stock and I'll have to wait until mid-september. :mad:
    Cancelled Order :thumbsdow - placed new order with WebElectricals (good supplier) :)
    TV arrived 3 days later - everything was perfect :thumbsup:
    TV broke after roughly 3 weeks :mad:
    Called Samsung for repair
    Samsung engaged SonTec who carry out repairs for them (this took another week)
    SonTect engaged a courier company that took nearly another 2 weeks to pick up the faulty TV
    After the Tv had been in repair for 8 days, I called Sontec - THEY can't find a fault, so I email them the photos :mad:
    They diagnose a faulty PSB based on the photos and order a spare part
    6 days later I call them again and they tell me the wrong part no. was listed in the Samsung manual - they have to reorder the part
    2 weeks later the part has still not arrived :mad:

Finally they are going to ship the broken TV back to me in Ireland, and will issue me with a letter to take to my TV supplier to get a refund or replacement TV. So it will at least be another 2 weeks making it 4.5 months of hassle. So now I really have to decide if i want the same TV again or go for a different manufacturer model...............................

Obviously throughout this time I spent countless hours on the phone to Sontec, Samsung Warranty Dept. and Samsung customer care.

Now, if that isn't bad luck I don't know what is, and i can only :rotfl: at this point

2. mjcairney

mjcairney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +876
    Have to say that I wouldn't dream of having another Samsung after that saga - I would definitely be going for something different.

Whatever you do, best of luck.

Cheers,

Martin.

3. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    my ongoing saga with the buzzing is nothing compared with yours, hope it gets resolved soon.

I too have called samsung many times and there is such a difference in what response you depending on who you get through to, I have spoken to someone different each time. Only one guy actually sounded interested and wanted to help, the majority sounded like 18 year girls who were bored and were filing their nails while they talked.

4. Roost

Roost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo mate, i've had a similar problem with Sontec.

I tried to do the firmware upgrade and it wasn't having it, it was picked up on 3rd October. Since then all i've been told made it sound like they tried one spare part but then they either realised they needed something else or that part didn't work, so on the 17th they ordered another and are still waiting for it. I've been told twice i'd get an ETA from them and haven't

So just over 3 and a half weeks without the TV now. Hope you get yours back ok dude :)

5. DanDT

DanDT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Can you guys stop it with the horror stories? I'm still waiting for my 32R51 to come and i'm getting a bit worried :rolleyes:

6. Roost

Roost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You'll be fine....as long as it's got no problems :D

7. Raze

Raze

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    no problems here *touch wood* :)

8. Evil_Homer

Evil_Homer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the LE32R51BD as well only had a few days though.....have not started to panic yet though :rolleyes:

9. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Roost, what went wrong with yours?

10. Roost

Roost
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nothing dude, just had the tearing thing. It wouldn't upgrade using the kit so it had to be sent off as that's down to a fault with the board apparently.

11. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Had mine for almost three months and I love it. Fabulous picture quality and faultless performance. :thumbsup: :D :D

12. thelurch

thelurch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Fancy swapping? :thumbsup:

13. chriszzzzzz

chriszzzzzz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    Sorry, mines going nowhere. :D
    I know most posters have problems but thats the nature of the forum. Five other people who saw mine ordered one and only one of them had to return their set. The second one was perfect.
    so my experience is that there are more good sets out there than bad.

14. garciag5

garciag5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    @chrizzzzz

Exactly, there'll always be a few coming out of mass-productiont that develop a fault. I loved the TV while it was working, so I will go for a new Sammy R41 now though - they don't have the R51 in stock any more :-(

the only one that I would consider if the Sony 32" S series, but as I will be hooking the TV up to a new HP Digital Entertainment Center :D I will need 1-1 pixel mapping

Surely the next one will be fine ... I can't have any more bad luck ... or can I ....

15. makumaku

makumaku

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had 4 Samsung LE-32R51B's already, all with different defects. The first one had atlest 3 adjacent stuck pixels, and got replaced with another that had a loud shrieking sound when it was on standby and some dead pixels also. The third one from another supplier had 2 adjacent deadpixels and got replaced and now my fourth one has the same shriekingsound when its on standby, so Samsung can rotate on my Weller-Ws51 and I'll buy Sharp.