Samsung LE27T51B 27" HD LCD TV

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by wh82, Aug 3, 2006.

Tags:
  1. wh82

wh82
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i am thinking of buying the Samsung LE27T51B 27" HD LCD TV what are the advantages and disadavnages of this TV can help :lease:

Or recommend any other 26 - 27" TV's that cost no more than £550

:clap: :clap:

2. mid_gen

mid_gen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Ordered one of these for the other half last week, order tracking says it's arrived so I'll have a tinker with it tonight.

Interested to see how it compares to my Sharp LC-30HV4E which is pretty much a dinosaur as LCD TVs go, but a nicely thought out and put together bit of kit.

3. Eliot

Eliot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i have the 23 inch version. faultless.

4. mid_gen

mid_gen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Well had a play with it last night.

Build quality seems fine although it certainly doesn't 'feel' as nice as the more expensive units. No gloss plastics etc. Just a plain, matte dark grey/black one-piece outer-shell. Looks fine imo.

Terrestrial picture looked good, default settings were as usual awful and over-saturated. Not got a proper aerial in so it wasn't a perfect signal.

Plugged the Xbox 360 in and switched to 1080i. Must say, it looked very nice. Black levels are good, although to be honest I've not compared alot of modern LCDs. It's certainly miles better than my LC30HV4E. Table Tennis looked pretty damn good, and that's one of the best tests of black levels. Colours bright and vibrant as usual for an LCD. No ghosting visible.

Did watch a DVD but it was on a cheap nasty player that looked awful on a 14" crt so I'm not even going to comment on it until the new DVD player arrives later.

Overall, for the money, can't knock it. Looks to me like they've just taken a panel out of one of their more expensive models, and stuck it in a cheaper, no-frills shell and done away with the freeview.

£479 from komplett btw.

5. Eliot

Eliot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :O thats a very very very nice price, ive seen 23 inchers for that price, sure it isnt glossy but its still damn sexy, its simplness is its sexy ness. im glad u like it, such a bargain!

6. pixelbeat

pixelbeat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0