Samsung LE26R82B - questions (mostly re: PC hook-up, non model-specific)

Fungi

Standard Member
Hi folks!

I have a few questions about this TV, and I'd hugely appreciate it if I could get some answers for them. I've searched for the model number, but didn't find anything of use, so apologies if this has been covered. :)

1. In general, is it a good TV (mostly for HD performance, like an Xbox 360), or have I done gone and picked myself a dud of a TV?

2. What would be the mest method for hooking up a PC with a Radeon X800XT graphics card (it has a DVI output) to it?

3. Following on from above, what resolution would I have to run it at?

4. Is there any danger of/way of overcoming the 'overscan' I've heard of happening with hooking PCs up to HDTVs?

5. Possibly a stupid question, but is a 26" monitor a bit...big for using with a PC for web-browsing etc?

6. Last, but not least, will hooking a PC up to a HDTV like this result in a noticeable difference in clarity of detail, as compared to 1280x1024 on a 19" Sammy TFT, which is what I'm used to?

A thousand million thanks in advance for any help you kind folks offer. :)

EDIT: Forgot to add a link to the specs! Here they are: Click!

ChrisGgr

I suppose you live in germany or france!The model is only there available!!The tv is well known as R87 in UK.Its very good!!You will connect your pc via DVI-HDMI.The resolution will be 1366x768 so it will be 1:1 pixel mapped!!

Fungi

Standard Member
I suppose you live in germany or france!The model is only there available!!The tv is well known as R87 in UK.Its very good!!You will connect your pc via DVI-HDMI.The resolution will be 1366x768 so it will be 1:1 pixel mapped!!

Erm, no, actually! I'm in Ireland! I'll be ordering off of Komplett, so apparently, they use that model number. Odd...

1:1 pixel mapped? Does that mean it'll be just as clear as my current monitor?

And thanks. :)

ChrisGgr

Yes it will be as your monitor

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom