Samsung LE26R7x backlight problem

T

thomashansen

Hi
I have the above mentioned tv. Whenever I watch hd content over hdmi from my computer, and subtitles are displayed, the tv's backlight is constantly changing. Whenever a subtitle is displayed, the backlight becomes darker, whenever it is removed from screen it becomes brighter, the tv is compensating and that is fine, but there must be a way to turn this off, set the backlight at a constant level, or have it change more intelligent

thanks in advance, Thomas

ps. I tried the search but could not find any relevant threads

Hi,

I had the same issue with mine as well. However, I came across something on this forum that does work (for me anyway). Basically if you change the picture setting to MOVIE mode this constant change in backlight (i call it flicker) goes away. I think it is due to the fact that in MOVIE mode the TV does not try to compensate to get the optimum picture - probably set in the service menu somewhere.

Cheers

We don't support HDMI from a PC however if occurring on other supported sources then could be an effect of the Dynamic Dimming. This can be switched off in the service mode by an engineer.

Can also be switched off by yourself in the service menu. I can't remember the code to get into it. Do a google search for it. You will have it in no time.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom