Samsung LE26R74BDX PC Help

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by sk1, May 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. sk1

sk1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just got this and am trying to connect my laptop. I have connected it (using a monitor cable) but the "PC" source is greyed out on the TV, so it seems it's not accepting the signal. I set the resolution at 1360x768, which the manual says is optimal. Would like to try out Pro Evo 6 on the new TV so any help would be great.

Cheers

2. sauluk

sauluk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    1366x768 is the maximum resolution not 1366x768. If that doesnt work try setting it to a lower resolution. It will be stretched but it may work. One thing though, have you set up the monitor in the display settings on the laptop?

3. sk1

sk1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've tried different display settings on the laptop; when I set the TV as the primary monitor the laptop doesn't find it. When I set the TV as extended secondary monitor, the TV still doesnt get a signal. Then I have to connect the cable to my PC monitor to view the desktop to put the settings back and try again. It's a Vaio VGN-SZ3HP with a Geforce Go 7400 128MB. Any other ideas?

4. sk1

sk1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Got it working now. Connected the PC to see if it would work, which it did, then the laptop decided to work after that. Picture is excellent. The only problem is the screws on the VGA cable are blocking it from connecting fully to the VGA socket on the laptop. I'll have to get another one anyway, so can anyone recommend a good cable for this? Cheers