Samsung LE26R74BDX LCD best price + warranty

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by h2w, Apr 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. h2w

h2w
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :lease: :lease: :lease: :lease:

Hello everyone :hiya:

Once again back and need help, i want to get a 26" LCD for my room and want to spend about £400. Ive found the samsung LE26R74BDX on amazon for £399 (less 5% discount) which seems a pretty good price:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-LE2...2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1177340193&sr=8-1

When i was choosing our main tv (got a bravia in the end) we looked at the 32" version of this tv, is there any difference?

If any owners have any reviews or pictures that would be great too, as theres only so much you can do in currys/comet!

My final query is to do with the warranty, it only comes with 1 year and i would like it a bit longer for a piece of mind, ideally i would love to get it from JL with the 5 year warranty. But 3 years would be good enough. Because unlike computers, i doubt i would be able to fix a tv! Can i get an extension from samsung or is there a pricematch i can do with JL...??

In summary i just want to get the TV for as cheap as possible with a warranty longer than a year...a lot to ask but if anyone can help - you lot can! :thumbsup:

Thanks in advance :smashin:

p.s. just to see what this does - Test test test...

2. h2w

h2w
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    anyone..

3. Jonnywishbone

Jonnywishbone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    £399, pricematched at JL in Milton Keynes with Empire Direct. Very happy, picture Q good too.

4. kayzee

kayzee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    dont buy this TV! i have it... terrible sound quality, sometimes breaks up completely. wont go on the wall (there are many threads about this) and the writing on the TV (HD Ready etc) all rubs off after cleaning it a few times!

i will never be buying another Samsung

5. h2w

h2w
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thats not good, thought they were meant to be one of the best and have the same screen as a bravia (which is obviously good). They all look good in the shops but some user reviews with pictures would be great!

Maybe yours was just faulty, anyone else got anymore information??

6. nzeaglei

nzeaglei
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well this is the TV we bought a week ago. Sound is fine for my uses, it isnt going to be wall mounted so that isnt a problem.

Watched Man u v AC milan last night, brilliant, was really happy with it. I think it depends if you are a pixel peeper or audiophile, then maybe it's not up to standard. If you are a normal TV user, with a good aerial signal I think youll be fine. I am no expert in things AV, but I am REALLY happy with my purchase.

J