• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Samsung LE26R74BDX Cuts the edges off on component.

Merx

Standard Member
Hi Guys.

Go my Samsung LE26R74BDX today. Fantastic picture. Amazing. And great for PC use aswel.

Neway I use my 360 through the component cables. But about 5 pixels on each side are off the screen. Any other games this is not noticeable but on GRAW the edge of the HUD is missing. Its not that annoying, but I might aswel get it right.

Now through the standard menu options I can find no way to fix this problem?

Ive heard of service menus n stuff. Will they be able to help me?

Picture below shows it better. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• GRAW4.jpg
    GRAW4.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 102

rio1981

Merx said:
Hi Guys.

Go my Samsung LE26R74BDX today. Fantastic picture. Amazing. And great for PC use aswel.

Neway I use my 360 through the component cables. But about 5 pixels on each side are off the screen. Any other games this is not noticeable but on GRAW the edge of the HUD is missing. Its not that annoying, but I might aswel get it right.

Now through the standard menu options I can find no way to fix this problem?

Ive heard of service menus n stuff. Will they be able to help me?

Picture below shows it better. Thanks in advance.

You'll find this with some LCD's over Component - invest in a VGA cable, set up your resolution and the HUD should fill your screen. :smashin:

RidleyDeckard

I had exactly the same problem, basically if you use the component cable, the image is overscanned, hence the shooting off the edge of the screen, if you use a VGA cable, you will get 1:1 pixel mapping on your screen at an increased resolution!

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom