Samsung LE26R72B HDMI Issue

Razcalboy88

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have a samsung LE26R72B which will not show the HDMI video output from my ps3. The tv detects that a hdmi has a signal but when switching from composite to HDMI, nothing appears on the HDMI screen. Any ideas to why this is happening? I can't adjust the picture to 1080i as the settings should show on the HDMI screen to change them! :confused:

Have you set the Display settings on the PS3 to HDMI? Maybe it's worth connecting via composite first to get the display visible then change the options from there?

I'm sure I read somewhere that this is because when the PS3 is connected via HDMI it defaults to a resolution which some HDTV's can't display.

Do a google or forum search, i'm pretty sure there's a way of switching the res without having to see the screen.

still not getting any luck! i'm trying to find a way to change the resolution before selecting the hdmi but no joy so far! i will keep looking, thank you both for your help!

According to the specs your TV should handle everything that the PS3 puts out. Have you got any other sources to try it on? Maybe the HDMI port is faulty.

unfortunately no, i used to have my laptop running from dvi to hdmi on the tv but thats at uni so i wont be able to check till i get back! when i take the cable out it detects it has been removed so its picking something up!

Try this:

Hold down the Power button on PS3 until it beeps twice (once for shutdown, once for resetting the video setting) - this should boot in 480i (which works on every TV) and then you can go back in and switch to whatever setting you want.

tried that one a few times with a few different scenarios and it still just shows a blank screen on the hdmi when i change the settings

Is it possible to try a different HDMI cable? I can't see any reason why this shouldn't work.

i might go out to asda and buy one today on the cheap as i paid 40 quid for the last one, such a rip off! thanks for your help ill give that one a go

I've got the same problem with my LE32R41B. Samsung tech support claim it is because the version of HDMI on my TV (1.2) is not compatible with the PS3 HDMI 1.3 output. I've been reading up on HDMI and am not convinced by this answer as HDMI 1.3 is supposed to be backwards compatible to all previous versions. 1.3 supports twice the bit rate so it is feasible that the TV can't cope with the amount of information being shoved down the cable but there must be loads of HDMI 1.2 TVs that work fine.
N.B I've tried a third party HDMI cable as well as the official Sony one. Have now ordered a Component video cable to at least get HD working.

is this a problem with samsung TV's? im hoping to get one to use with my PS3! have you tried letting the PS3 choose the max res.? or have chose to keep it in 468i, then setting it manually to your maximum Res. or setting it to 720p, then if that works slowly going up to your TV's max res.

Matt

FWIW, I've got a Samsung 32" LE32R74BDX TV (720p/1080i) and it works absolutely fine with the PS3. The PS3 correctly detected the supported HD resolutions automatically too via HMDI.

hmmm... maybe thats the problem with mine then? i will give them a ring to see what they say! its a shame if it doesnt work! component will have to do i guess. thanks for your reply!

FWIW, I've got a Samsung 32" LE32R74BDX TV (720p/1080i) and it works absolutely fine with the PS3. The PS3 correctly detected the supported HD resolutions automatically too via HMDI.

Same here with my Samsung LE26R41BD.

its weird how me and Shaun both have the same problem? i mean the component quality is awesome but i really want to try the HDMI! does anybody else have a LE26R72B that works with the HDMI from the PS3?

I have literally just ordered this TV and i need to use the HDMI port, because my Wii will be connected through componet. I hope i don't have any problems eeeeeeeeeek!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called Playstation tech support about this and one of the guys there laughed when told the problem was with a Samsung - seems it is not an unusual problem. I am trying to find someone local to me with another HD TV to try my PS3 on to prove it is not the PS3. Asuming it works I can then get onto Samsung for a resolution. The reply I got from Samsung about compatibility between HDMI v1.2 and v1.3 sounds more and more like BS.

I have a Samsung 32R41BD and it works fine with my PS3.

I know at the time when reading reviews, a few commented on how they struggled to get a signal via HDMI sometimes. However so far, I've not had this problem. When I first got my PS3, I plugged it in via HDMI, my PS3 display was shown fine, and I chose the option of "Best resolution for my screen" or something like that. Since then, just been enjoying 1080i.

I did ring Samsung up when I first got my TV to get them to send me the firmware update, to sort the tearing issue out. Don't know if this was worth mentioning, but you never know.

could you keep me updated with what sony have to say? i wonder what they could do to make the signal work! craigy boy, how did they send you a firmware upgrade for your tv? cheers

hmmm... maybe thats the problem with mine then? i will give them a ring to see what they say! its a shame if it doesnt work! component will have to do i guess. thanks for your reply!

i have the same problem with mine,i have a samsung 52" sp50l7hx,i have tried 2 hdmi cables,1 which works with my samsung hdmi dvd player,and new cable bought from game,same problem on bith that sound is their but no picture! i would like to know how to solve this?

woohoo....i solved it.basically go to your ps3 dispaly settings,then video output settings,then use hdmi. make sure you have the hdmi cable plugged in whilst you are doing all this.change this to hdmi,the thing is your screen goes blank for 30secs then goes back to the option again,like its not working,but what you must do is simply try again but this time when that screen goes blank is switch straight over to the hdmi on your remote control and their in high res are your options:)))

:rolleyes: of course i have already tried that... ive lost count how many times ive tried it!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom