Samsung LE26R51BD Opinions

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by SimonMac, Mar 18, 2006.

Tags:
  1. SimonMac

SimonMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've been on the lookout for a sub £600 26" LCD and have just seen a Refurb Samsung LE26R51BD for £599 at PC World and just want to know what they are like? I've heard stories about a recall but have had conflicting stories.

Anyone out there have one and can give me a few pointers.

2. Whappers

Whappers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the 32" model and am very pleased with it. I believe the 26" model can be had for a little less with the 20% off freeman's code brand new as well. They are a brilliant budget set offering HD TV ready for a very good price. A small minority had theirs malfunctioning and I think there was a small recall of only those that Samsung knew were affected. I would do a little more research before I buy it second hand off pc world.

Whappers.

3. Kipal

Kipal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 26" ones are great. Got mine on monday from freemans (took over a month to get it though!)

Worth the 20% off though, gets my recommendations.

4. SimonMac

SimonMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is the 25% code from http://www.vouchercodes.com/vouchers/freemans.htm valid? If so for £449 I'd snap it up, although the one on Freemans is a LE26R41B, what the difference?

5. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Frm what I can gather, the "B" doesn't have a digital tuner.

6. Whappers

Whappers
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think some people were having problems ordering this online with the 20% off code. I think the 25% code was taken off. It's best if you phone them up and order it online just to make sure that when you're doing that you are definately getting the discount. The difference between LE26R41B and LE26R41BD is that B doesn't have an integrated Freeview tuner and BD does. That's all.

As far as I know, if you select the IDTV (Itegrated Digital Television) model aka BD on the end of the model name on Freemans you can select the 26" model. But I would reccomend phoning them and ordering it that way just to make sure that you are definetely getting the discount as I have heard of some poeple thinking that they were getting the discount only to find out that they didn't for whatever reason.

Whappers.

7. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Yep, whappers is right.

I've just been looking on the website, and i've got to admit, for £480 i'm REALLY tempted!

What is the LCD like for viewing ordinary (Analogue) TV broadcasts, as I live on the south coast, and we havent had out Digital terestrial turned on yet (it's supposed to be happening this September, but who knows:) )?

8. SimonMac

SimonMac
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just had a look at the Freemans Site and boy do they SUCK!!!!! Entered my details to register then all of a sudden I get an email confirming my order. No payment details taken, no delivery details and no confirmation just straight to thanks for ordering. Just rang them up and they say I can't cancel it yet as its only just been processed. Although on a side bar I used the 25% discount code and it was accepted

9. stuart_haydn

stuart_haydn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    On another thread they were saying that the DQKP code for 25% (on VoucherCodes.com) is not valid the electrical items - but that the DREP 20%code is still ok. I thought that after you had entered you credit card details it showed you the discounted price before you confirmed the order - but apparently soem people when had used the DQKP code for the sammy had had the full amount deducted from their cards! This makes me less confident in using the DROP code at Freemans.

I'd be interested to know how good the 26R41BD PQ is for Freeview, people have said that it is not so good for Sky thorugh the RGB scart - but I would mainly be using it as a beedroom set.

10. Shaggybert

Shaggybert

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hmmm

I just checked my mail, and I havent received an email from them (yet).

But the server did "malfunction" half way through, so hopefully they wont try the same thing with me!

11. Vallyboy

Vallyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This keeps coming up. I ordered a 32" on the web, the home page should have a banner saying 20% off first order, (if not you have been cookied, so delete your cookies) when you place the item in your basket you will see the DREP code has been entered for you, continue and enter your card details and stuff, prior to placing the order it will show the discounted price and you are asked if you want to place your order...click........ job done mail will follow showing the discounted price.

Where it seems to go wrong from the posts I have read, trying a different code, ringing to order, trying to open an account, credit limit is usually £200, ordering the unit when the original price is still showing.

It is a fact that a lot off people have had some great value units with this Freeman's offer, and you always have the 14 days to return it, so it is a win win situation as I see it.